Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mint 1934 M31 Bread Bag

Article about: Here it is, a recent addition and the nicest bread bag I’ve got. It’s clearly dated 1934 and maker marked, along with a clean DRP marking. No damage or staining, all the leather is still

Default Mint 1934 M31 Bread Bag

Here it is, a recent addition and the nicest bread bag I’ve got. It’s clearly dated 1934 and maker marked, along with a clean DRP marking. No damage or staining, all the leather is still supple and clean. Very happy with this real clean example.

-Bodhi

Mint 1934 M31 Bread BagMint 1934 M31 Bread BagMint 1934 M31 Bread BagMint 1934 M31 Bread BagMint 1934 M31 Bread BagMint 1934 M31 Bread BagMint 1934 M31 Bread Bag

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mint 1934 M31 Bread Bag
    P
    Many

Great Breadbag Brodhi! Amazing condition for being that early.
    John

TWS
    ?

WOW! That one must have been stashed away and forgotten somewhere during the war.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

WOW! That one must have been stashed away and forgotten somewhere during the war.

Congratulations. That's a beauty!
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

Great condition.

Thank you gents! Definitely a lucky find, I’m still amazed by this one.

Hello,
    Another magnificent example of very early german army item...congrats for this find.
    This one could have a small label retained to it, a label that would say : Probe (too bad it's 1934 dated...lol)
    I wish i could tell you for sure what "MSTR" means, my best guess being "Ministerium".

1934, the year the new Feldbluse received a dark Feldgrau collar and belt hooks on the front, the year the Packtasche der Kavallerie was adopted, as well as the new Karabiner with accessories, the new Feldmütze and so on....the year the new regime prepared the Reichswehr to become the Wehrmacht.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

I was told the marking stands for “Münster” the city that the DRP used this one in. That’s just what I’ve been going with.

Quote by BodhiEtheridge View Post
    I was told the marking stands for “Münster” the city that the DRP used this one in. That’s just what I’ve been going with.
    Hello,
    Never thought that MSTR could be for a town...
    Each day is an opportunity to learn something new.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

I’m glad I could share! All these DRP markings will be followed by the abbreviation for a town/city. For example “DRP KLN” is Deutsche Reichs Post, Köln.