Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Motorcyclist / machine gunner's gauntlets / mittens ????

Article about: 2017 has been a fairly dry year for me collecting-wise. I have however, satisfied my needs by watching all the goodies you fine folk have been turning up with no depletion to my bank account

Default Motorcyclist / machine gunner's gauntlets / mittens ????

2017 has been a fairly dry year for me collecting-wise. I have however, satisfied my needs by watching all the goodies you fine folk have been turning up with no depletion to my bank account at all .....

Still, I needed to buy something ..... anything ... and I've just bought these locally and wanted your opinions please? I have always hovered between these gauntlets being either motorbike or pilot or machine gunner or all the aforementioned ( because of the "trigger" finger ) but I really don't know. These are really nice and seem to be in unissued condition with a nice RB-Nr and are something I wanted to add to the collection for a while as they are not too expensive.

Hope you enjoy them and can comment on the purpose..

Thanks, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Motorcyclist / machine gunner's gauntlets / mittens ????   Motorcyclist / machine gunner's gauntlets / mittens ????  

Motorcyclist / machine gunner's gauntlets / mittens ????   Motorcyclist / machine gunner's gauntlets / mittens ????  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Motorcyclist / machine gunner's gauntlets / mittens ????
    P
    Many

?

Hey Dan,

Those are about as mint motorcycle gauntlet gloves as they get. Very nice. I believe pilots used the leather version of the 3 finger but I think these were pretty all purpose and used mainly by the wehrmacht. I have seen NSKK motor bike photos with leather ones as well as regular full fingered gauntlet gloves. I have seen these in Afrika Korps Sand tone as well. I could be wrong on my assessment but just going by pictures I have seen over the years. Yours seem to be totally unissued and late war. WOW! The Sleestaks from Land of the Lost TV Show called and want their Gauntlets back!

Below is a 1942 Pair that are AfrikaKorps Sand Tone. Believe Seller wants $80.00 US for these.

Motorcyclist / machine gunner's gauntlets / mittens ????Motorcyclist / machine gunner's gauntlets / mittens ????Motorcyclist / machine gunner's gauntlets / mittens ????

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

They are nice aren't they?
    Wish i had a rubberized coat to go with them......

Quote by Danmark View Post
    They are nice aren't they?
    Wish i had a rubberized coat to go with them......
    Is this the type you mean Dan?.....

The pair of US WWI machine gunners gauntlets I had years ago were leather and featured the trigger finger, but the gauntlet sleeves were insulated-I suppose to avoid burns from the hot stuff going on around and in them at the time. I'd lean towards their being motorcycle, myself. Nice find! Very mint!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Is this the type you mean Dan?.....

Do'h.... i left myself wide open with that one Paul