Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

MP40 Magazine Pouches

Article about: Hello folks. Once again, I must humbly request some help with a prospective purchase. As I mentioned previously in the thread concerning combat tunics, I am looking at building a combat tors

Default MP40 Magazine Pouches

Hello folks.

Once again, I must humbly request some help with a prospective purchase. As I mentioned previously in the thread concerning the purchase of a combat tunic, I am looking at building a combat torso setup for a soldier carrying an MP40. This means I'll be looking to invest in a pair of magazine pouches. A good deal more expensive and harder to find when compared to the traditional K98 pouches.
    I could opt for the less expensive option, of course, and go for a standard infantry soldier setup. But as I already have an MP40, I feel I should make the effort here.

I present here for scrutiny, a mismatched but visually similar pair of magazine pouches. They look okay to my eyes, but I wouldn't even know where to start in regards to identifying fakes or postwar reproductions. I apologise in advance for the somewhat iffy photographs. They come from the same dealer as the tunic, and I'm hoping to negotiate a deal on a job lot.

Pouch A:

MP40 Magazine PouchesMP40 Magazine PouchesMP40 Magazine PouchesMP40 Magazine PouchesMP40 Magazine PouchesMP40 Magazine PouchesMP40 Magazine Pouches

Pouch B:

MP40 Magazine PouchesMP40 Magazine PouchesMP40 Magazine PouchesMP40 Magazine PouchesMP40 Magazine Pouches

Thank you in advance for any help. I hate to feel that I'm taking advantage of the forum to scope out possible purchases, but in the absence of knowledge I'd rather err on the side of caution, especially when said purchases are so expensive.

Regards, B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement MP40 Magazine Pouches
    P
    Many

?

They look like a very nice pair of Luftwaffe pouches to me...
    Very honest, too. I’d be very happy with them.
    Might be prudent to wait for a few more opinions first though.
    All the best,
    Bob

Quote by Kohima View Post
    They look like a very nice pair of Luftwaffe pouches to me...
    Very honest, too. I’d be very happy with them.
    Might be prudent to wait for a few more opinions first though.
    All the best,
    Bob
    Ah, that may be an issue, as the setup I'm going for would be a Heer one! They do have a green pouch for sale, but only the one.
    Many thanks for the input.

B.B.

?

I’ve got a single Luftwaffe one (can’t recall which side!), and have always been on the sniff for it’s pal... but then I collect Luftwaffe ground forces anyway (signals, engineer, medical, &c., plus field division, natch), more than Heer.
    I’ve always thought these look better in grey-blue too!
    Cheers,
    Bob

Was it totally unheard of for Heer soldiers to make use of Luftwaffe pouches, or were this type strictly for LW use? They would look a bit strange on a Heer tunic otherwise.

B.B.

?

I always say, you can never say always or never!
    Regulation is one thing, reality is another.
    That said, unless you can back up such a combination (perhaps basing the mannequin on a reliable colour photograph), it’s probably best to wait for a Heer set... or buy a Luftwaffe uniform!
    Bob

Quote by Kohima View Post
    I always say, you can never say always or never!
    Regulation is one thing, reality is another.
    That said, unless you can back up such a combination (perhaps basing the mannequin on a reliable colour photograph), it’s probably best to wait for a Heer set... or buy a Luftwaffe uniform!
    Bob
    Thank you, I appreciate the assistance. I'm in two minds now about which setup to go for. Maybe I will go for a K98 setup after all. It would leave me some money left over to pick up a belt and Y-straps.

I've got an RAF tunic, but Luftwaffe ones have never interested me much for whatever reason. Except perhaps a Fallschirmjäger tunic, but that would most likely be leagues out of my price range. I'm also rather strapped for space, thus the mannequin torso on the wall, rather than a full one stood on the floor.

Regards, B.B.

Can't comment on the MP40 pouches, but i'm looking forward to seeing the complete setup.
    Liking your new avatar BTW!
    Nick
    Last edited by HoundsTooth; 06-19-2018 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Spelling

TWS
    ?

The pouches look good to me from the photos. I only own one in my entire collection but it is nearly identical to those. I do not believe being bluish in color necessarily makes them Luftwaffe, but I am not an expert on these. They come in bluish, light brown/tan, and also green canvas. The one pouch you pictured has the side pocket for the speed loader.

Hello B.B.

I would tread very carefully with MP40 pouches and get as many opinions as possible first.

Have you had a look here?

Pouches - Die Maschinenpistole 40

Jonathan.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast