MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MP44 Pouches

Article about: Hi all. Thank you for answering my previous questions regarding MP44 pouches. Now, I have yet another one. On a German militaria website, I found these: (SPREE-MILITARIA - 1 Paar Magazintasc

Default MP44 Pouches

Hi all.
    Thank you for answering my previous questions regarding MP44 pouches. Now, I have yet another one. On a German militaria website, I found these: (SPREE-MILITARIA - 1 Paar Magazintaschen für das STG 44 A-039)
    Now some things tell me that this is fake and/ or repro. First, on its back, the belt straps are positioned awkwardly. Second, some of the leather looks far too new to be WW2 vintage. However, one of the photos evidences a 'CWW 1944' marking, which is not very convincing in my opinion. The Waffenamt is unreadable. Can someone please help me with this?

Here are some pictures:
    Attached Images Attached Images MP44 Pouches  MP44 Pouches  MP44 Pouches  MP44 Pouches 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement MP44 Pouches
    P
    Many

Default Re: MP44 Pouches

i think your first gut reaction was correct,,,reproduction/post ww II usage and "authenticated"...

If these are repros, aren't they the earlier ones as opposed to the more recent replicas?

cant tell if they are original but do know the belt loops are angled obliquly to let then sit at an angle on the hips as the mags are long and straight upright positioning woulda been too awkward to draw a fresh mag out

HVK
    ?

Claus Espeholt has one of the best websites regarding MP 44 pouches
    MP44 magazine pouches

Thanks for the link. I've already been to Claus Espeholt's website and these pouches are most similar in my opinion to #6 on his list, except for the odd positioning of the belt loops.

HVK
    ?

You could also email Claus - he is a very friendly guy... :-)

They are certainly fake.

I believe the website owner mentioned will not be able to reply as he is in prison for firearms offences.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    They are certainly fake.

I believe the website owner mentioned will not be able to reply as he is in prison for firearms offences.
    Hello,
    I agree about Ade's firt comment regarding the pouches, but Ade, are you sure that some inmates don't have access to the Internet and emails (depending on the country of course) ?
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hi JP, who knows these days!

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast