Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Named 1937 LW ammo pouch

Article about: Hi guys, just wanted to show this unexpected find from a Family Day event at a local museum. There was exactly one militaria seller at the event, and I was pleasantly surprised to spot this

CSW
    ?

Default Named 1937 LW ammo pouch

Hi guys,

just wanted to show this unexpected find from a Family Day event at a local museum. There was exactly one militaria seller at the event, and I was pleasantly surprised to spot this amongst their mostly modern items.

The 1937-dated pouch is in fairly used condition but nicely "LBA" marked and named to a Flak Kanonier. Despite the worn condition I'm happy with this little find and thought it could be worth sharing

Thanks for taking a look!

Named 1937 LW ammo pouch Named 1937 LW ammo pouch

And since it's Flak I had to take one photo in its natural habitat (on an 8,8 cm Flak piece, that is)

Named 1937 LW ammo pouch

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Named 1937 LW ammo pouch
    P
    Many

That is a nice one !
    "Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life" - Herbert Henry Asqulth

Hello,
    A very decent example of prewar Luftwaffe Patronentasche in its early "chocolate brown" leather.
    And with a bonus of three flaps that have an interest of their own.
    That's a nice find for a day out at the museum. I once bought an item from a museum itself, a private museum that closed in the mid 2000s. It was a quite nice mapcase from the Luftwaffe also and guess what, with a Flak Regiment unit stamp.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Great example

Lovely example, I love these well marked pouches. Also excellent photos especially that last on!

CSW
    ?

Thanks a lot for the comments gents!

I wanted to check out the event as I could remember seeing some old pieces being sold at the same place years ago. As soon as I saw the markings on this one I thought it perhaps wouldn't be the worst way to spend my ~35 bucks

Thank you also for the compliments Bodhi. Cheers!

Quote by CSW View Post
    As soon as I saw the markings on this one I thought it perhaps wouldn't be the worst way to spend my ~35 bucks

Hello,
    You were right, something like $35 for this one is a good deal, it's an early one, it was used but not abused, the prewar chocolate brown leather is a top one, it has a trio of markings/features that make the item even greater, not a bad choice from your side if i'm asked. After i told about the mapcase, of course i started to wonder about its faith and if i still have it. The answer is yes, but it took me half an hour to find it. In my memories it was just brown, but the leather is also chocolate brown, it's a mapcase 35/37 with alu buckle and markings is from I. Batterie of Flakregiment 26.
    Thanks

Edit : PS : i'm losing my mind, i forgot to mention that next to the mapcase i found an ammo pouch also from the Luftwaffe, and also marked from the same regiment : III. Batterie of Flak Regt 26
    It's chocolate brown, made in 1939; The condition is very good for both items, i totally forgot i had the ammo pouch, it's sometimes good to have boxes to store what can't be used on display, some forgotten items, forgotten because not seen since the last time the box was opened. Glad you got the ammo pouch, glad i got my two items back on display in a cabinet.
    Last edited by JPhilip; 07-06-2022 at 11:57 PM. Reason: new correction

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Flak Regiment 26 eh JP.... ammo puch would go well with this

(I only have one, the other one sold separately)

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named 1937 LW ammo pouch   Named 1937 LW ammo pouch  

Speaking of Flak Regiment 26....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named 1937 LW ammo pouch   Named 1937 LW ammo pouch  

More...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named 1937 LW ammo pouch  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast