MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Nazi Anchor

Article about: I hope this is the right place for these pictures. I have a good friend in Normandy and he takes me to see all sorts of war relics, here is two of them. I have more pics if you want to see t

Default Nazi Anchor

I hope this is the right place for these pictures. I have a good friend in Normandy and he takes me to see all sorts of war relics, here is two of them. I have more pics if you want to see them. John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi Anchor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi Anchor
    P
    Many

Default Re: Nazi Anchor

Hi John, I bet the swastikas were placed there for good luck. The swastika used to be considered a good luck symbol until Adolf got his hands on it. It would appear to be British made going by the name?

The trailer looks nice. So much good stuff can be seen in Normandy.

Cheers, Ade.

john cool pics please do show us more

Hi John,

The anchor ia a stockless anchor made by W.L. Byers & co. of Sunderland.
    They made this type of anchor from the early 1900's until after the second world war. I would imagine the swaz as a good luck symbol was removed during this time or just before for obvious reasons!!

Byers & co. are still extant as marine engineers, moving to Norwich in 1963.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Was the wagon used by motorcycle or kettenrad? I think I had a model of one once when I was a child and that type wagon came with it.

The anchor would be cool in any type collection... it might just fall through the floor at my place though!!!!

Hummel

Hi Guys,

The trailer is a German infantry cart. Here's a pic of one from a modelling magazine. The one in John's photo does indeed have a set of Kettenkrad wheels on it.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi Anchor  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I am interested in buying the trailer, was or is it for sale?

philip

Quote by kradbuilder View Post
    I am interested in buying the trailer, was or is it for sale?

philip
    ,It was about 20 years ago when these pictures were taken in Normandy.I was being taken around all the friends of an old man who was in the resistance during WWII. They all seemed to have kept their sten guns as well as a hell of a lot of other stuff. Because he and his friends gladly showed me their "toys " I thought that it would be not right to pester them to buy something,I felt very honoured to see these private collections.
    Things ranging from bren carriers through various motorcycles and uniforms etc. a collectors heaven. John.