Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New Book

Article about: Gents I feel I am going down the slippery slope. Just now bought this book on Canteens and mess kits. So far and I have only flicked through it very good read and informative

Default New Book

Gents

I feel I am going down the slippery slope. Just now bought this book on Canteens and mess kits. So far and I have only flicked through it very good read and informative
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Book   New Book  

Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Book
    P
    Many

?

Hi Ben - does the book cover political canteens as well?

Quote by weller View Post
    Hi Ben - does the book cover political canteens as well?
    Jeff starts with the M31 canteen to late war ones not sure if political ones are different
    Ben

?

Ben - would be interesting if the book has any info on these. But I'd guess the book primarily covers the military M31 examples. Here are the two canteens I have for reference. On left is 1939 HJ. On right is 1934 SA/Paramilitary. Both are RZM stamped.

I will have a look Jeff but I think prob just Army ones etc
    Ben

Yes Ben ..... field gear can ( like buckles ) become a slippery slope if you aren't careful ...

....I just need one more variant!!

Cheers, Dan

New Book   New Book  

New Book   New Book  

New Book  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

This book is an absolute must have !! (And i’m not saying that because my name is mentioned in the book )

I even have 2 versions, the original italian , and the english version

I know how much work the author put into the book, and he is coming out with a new book about gasmasks in november.

So if you’re interested in the subject, go ahead and order one (no, i’m NOT getting any money for this )

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Book  

Its good Tom, interesting to see that the aluminium PURA marked ones are quite hard to come by
    Ben

Ciao a tutti :-)
    I would like to say a heartfelt thank you to everyone who is buying this book. As my dear friend Tom says (which has been of great help, it is still and will be in the future and that I hope to see he again as soon as possible), we've been working on it for years. To answer some of the questions, I can say that we focused on variants of the Model 31 (canteens and messkits). However, talking about canteens, there are many chapters in which we talk about curiosities (e.g. canteens with DRP - City), it is clear on the canteens with bachelite cover (the so-called "kokosnuss"), we also talk about those that are mistakenly considered only political and/or paramilitary, we have tried to clarify the liter canteens with shoulder strap (medical and gbj), etc etc. etc. I want to make one thing clear that I care about very much. In this 335-page book there are 1738 photos (I repeat... 1738 photos). Despite all the immense work behind it (and the associated costs to support it), we kept the sale price low to make it accessible to as many people as possible. Many other people have told me that I am "stupid" to sell it for only 65 euros... but I am NOT a dealer, I already have a job and I write only out of passion.

Again, great book, the more I read it the better it gets, please let me know when the canister book comes out
    Ben

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast