Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

New finds!

Article about: Here are some more new finds, I am awaiting for them to be shipped soon from Europe. The metal canteen cup, what are they? private purchase? I have seen them only a few times.

Default New finds!

Here are some more new finds, I am awaiting for them to be shipped soon from Europe.

The metal canteen cup, what are they? private purchase? I have seen them only a few times.

New finds!New finds!New finds!New finds!New finds!New finds!New finds!New finds!New finds!New finds!New finds!New finds!New finds!New finds!New finds!New finds!New finds!New finds!New finds!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New finds!
    P
    Many

Very nice! I like the mid war canteen - in great shape. The strap on the Dienstglas is worth more than the binoculars. NH

What do you mean it is worth more? why? I am curious.

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Very nice! I like the mid war canteen - in great shape. The strap on the Dienstglas is worth more than the binoculars. NH

Generally speaking, leather straps for equipment are missing or hard to find. This is true of all sorts of Third Reich equipment. I am guessing they were lost, broken or re-purposed and separated from the original equipment over time. Straps for field phones, leather pouches, binoculars and weapons are short on supply and expensive as a result. NH

Correct, leather straps are always difficult to find in good shape !!

Metal cup belongs to medical canteen !!

Tom

Metal cups were issued with medical canteens as stated. Another commonly encountered issue with binocular straps is how they were altered. I have seen them with the lens covers lost or removed or cut down. At first, I thought these WWI era binoculars marked for a Coastal Artillery unit had a replaced strap. I've concluded it is an original strap cut down. This makes sense because in use, a full length binocular strap will flop around on your chest and get stuck on things around it. Altering them made sense from a comfort perspective. As a result, it is hard to find a set that has not been altered or damaged. Photo shows the Dienstglas with short strap. NH

New finds!

nice finds.great info too.

Thanks for the info, guys! i appreciate it

How much are the ddx 6x30's i showed in the original post worth with these straps like this?

These are my other 6x30's i got last year.

CAG - Swarvoski made.

New finds!New finds!New finds!New finds!New finds!

I don't think anyone here is prepared to offer appraisal. However, there are some ballpark figures for these items. 6x30 service glasses (in my experience) run around 75 to 150 depending upon condition and markings. Clear optics are really valued. Original straps add to the value greatly. I am hesitant to put a value on such items noting only that they are difficult to find intact. What did you pay for the Swarvoski set? NH

Paid $125 with shipping included.

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    I don't think anyone here is prepared to offer appraisal. However, there are some ballpark figures for these items. 6x30 service glasses (in my experience) run around 75 to 150 depending upon condition and markings. Clear optics are really valued. Original straps add to the value greatly. I am hesitant to put a value on such items noting only that they are difficult to find intact. What did you pay for the Swarvoski set? NH