MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Nicely marked WW1 Gas mask re-issue for pre ww2 troop use.

Article about: Hi, Picked this up at a militaria show last week and it seems to be a mixture of all things so was hoping to get some more opinions if this was the norm ? It's a M18 gas mask from ww1 with a

Default Nicely marked WW1 Gas mask re-issue for pre ww2 troop use.

Hi,

Picked this up at a militaria show last week and it seems to be a mixture of all things so was hoping to get some more opinions if this was the norm ?

It's a M18 gas mask from ww1 with an exhalation valve added to the leather mask, with a WW2 wartime dated filter added found in an extended ww1 metal gas mask cannister with leather strap marked for Reichswehr with 1932 date on metalwork. The gasmask has a 1938 stamp for re-issue to the army and the owner has written his name on the metal next to it. He has also sown his name onto the neck strap of the gas mask for good measure.

I found it an interesting piece so bought it on an impulse but the more I look at it the more intrigued I become....

cheers

Tony

Nicely marked WW1 Gas mask re-issue for pre ww2 troop use.Nicely marked WW1 Gas mask re-issue for pre ww2 troop use.Nicely marked WW1 Gas mask re-issue for pre ww2 troop use.Nicely marked WW1 Gas mask re-issue for pre ww2 troop use.Nicely marked WW1 Gas mask re-issue for pre ww2 troop use.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nicely marked WW1 Gas mask re-issue for pre ww2 troop use.
    P
    Many