Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Odd German Pack

Article about: Hoping someone can shed some light on what this is exactly. I thought perhaps a side bag for a Calvary Soldier or maybe a bag for equipment accessories. To me it looks like a standard field

Default Odd German Pack

Hoping someone can shed some light on what this is exactly. I thought perhaps a side bag for a Calvary Soldier or maybe a bag for equipment accessories. To me it looks like a standard field pack but I can't find any similar examples. The stamps on it look good to me. It has a few condition issues but for the most part is all there. Thanks for any input or help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Odd German Pack   Odd German Pack  

Odd German Pack  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Odd German Pack
    P
    Many

I have a guy who can do really good leather repair with period correct materials and technique. I just wasn't sure if it was worth it or not.

It's got some kind of strap and buckle on the bottom. I'm not sure what that it would have been used for.

I've seen a few cavalry bags that seem similar in construction but vary slightly.

I guess it will have to remain unsolved. I don't believe it for a medic. Too big to be for a pilot. I guess for the motorcycle corps be about my last option. Maybe an obscure bag for tools.

MAP
    ?

I've never seen anything like it before (that is not saying much) but agree. It is probably for something specific thus hard for most to provide an opinion on.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Let's see the inside please. NH

Hoping that the new replies would give an answer since I read this previously as it is a new one on me too.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I'll provide some inside pictures later today. A friend of mine said it was a dispatch riders bag.

Additional pictures. There are straps on the left right and top of the bag which could secure something. There's a small metal clasp on the bottom and I'm not sure what is for either. The inside seems to have a waffen Stamp and some other random ink stamping that I can't make out
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Odd German Pack   Odd German Pack  

Odd German Pack   Odd German Pack  

Odd German Pack   Odd German Pack  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast