Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Offer here an original Wehrmacht side rifle SG42.

Article about: Offer here an original Wehrmacht side rifle SG42. Brown bakelite handle with tool insert. Blade stamped with cof and WaA punch, blade in excellent condition. In addition an expertise of Weit

Thumbs up Offer here an original Wehrmacht side rifle SG42.

Brown bakelite handle with tool insert. Blade stamped with cof and WaA punch, blade in excellent condition. In addition an expertise of Weitze, Hamburg which confirms the originality. Description of the SG 42 according to expertise:

Expertise / Guarantee
    Brown bakelite handle with integrated tool. The blade is cuneiform stamped with cof, as well as WaA Punze, the blade in excellent condition. The sheath body is made of almost black bakelite, back with the original carrying clamp. Worn piece, the blade and the handle fittings cleaned, the buff leather renewed between handle and blade, probably the pusher in the handle head was supplemented to take out the set of tools inserted into the handle only stiffly. Overall condition 2-
    I give a 14-day return on originality, but not to dislike. Of course there is the expertise.
    Price 5400 euros negotiable, Paypal Accept
    If possible self pickup. When shipping the package is insured according to the purchase price. International shipping possible. Plus shipping costs

Payment: cash, IBAN or PayPal plus PayPal fees
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Offer here an original Wehrmacht side rifle SG42.   Offer here an original Wehrmacht side rifle SG42.  

Offer here an original Wehrmacht side rifle SG42.   Offer here an original Wehrmacht side rifle SG42.  

Offer here an original Wehrmacht side rifle SG42.   Offer here an original Wehrmacht side rifle SG42.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Offer here an original Wehrmacht side rifle SG42.
    P
    Many

Just a friendly note. The main forum is not for posting items for sale, only to share with other members. Any items being sold should be listed in the classifieds, linked below.

Main Index - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

Regards, B.B.

Hello,
    As mentioned above, this is not a place to post items for sale....
    This thread is now closed. Please use the "classifieds" section
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

It has been brought to my attention that this particular knife has some issues of authenticity and this thread is opened for discussion.
    I put a hold on this knife in the classifieds until further research by our members here can authenticate this knife.

Never mind the COA..they are worth only the paper it is written on.

Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello,
    I have to confess that i have never handled one of these knifes and never got interested by them. If i had any concern about authenticity, i would have indicated it in my first post, but it was not to happen because of what is mentioned in my first sentence.
    Perhaps the person who brought your attention to this particular knife could enlight all of us by posting in the thread...
    Thanks
    Last edited by JPhilip; 06-10-2019 at 02:23 PM.

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

My first comment would be for such a rare and high priced bayonet the photos are appallingly bad, particularly the reflected lighting which makes it difficult to determine grip colour, and whether it is actually bakelite. many photos are not sharp. There is also a lack of detailed photos of the multi tool (including maker mark) that are needed in any assessment of authenticity. The first issue is these bayonets have been faked for many years and some fakes are very good. So lets compare it to an accepted original that has been vetted in collector forums in previous years.

First point ricasso marks;

Shape of blade; a narrow slightly bowie profile, note carefully the shape of pressed steel hanger clip.

Grips are very important in determining authenticity. Bakelite should be red, grainy and textured and not plastic or black.

The pressed steel hanger on fakes is slightly different to originals. I see problems with the advertised bayonet belt hanger. Reverse side detail.

Look carefully and you will see the problem areas.

COA and classified write up

Brown bakelite handle with tool insert. Blade stamped with cof and WaA punch, blade in excellent condition. In addition an expertise of Weitze, Hamburg which confirms the originality. Description of the SG 42 according to expertise:

Expertise / Guarantee frum Weitze-Germany

Brown bakelite handle with integrated tool. The blade is cuneiform stamped with cof, as well as WaA Punze, the blade in excellent condition. The sheath body is made of almost black bakelite, back with the original carrying clamp. Worn piece, the blade and the handle fittings cleaned, the buff leather renewed between handle and blade, probably the pusher in the handle head was supplemented to take out the set of tools inserted into the handle only stiffly. Overall condition 2-

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Actually the odd thing about the COA as shown above in Larry's post #7 is that the photo of the bayonet on the right hand side doesn't actually appear to be the same one as shown in the rest of the post by dagger63. Ill draw attention to the shape of the blade, with it's pronounced clip to the tip. What's going on? Perhaps photo angle distortion.

A side by side comparison;

Offer here an original Wehrmacht side rifle SG42.Offer here an original Wehrmacht side rifle SG42.
    Last edited by Anderson; 06-11-2019 at 09:56 AM.

More photos

Offer here an original Wehrmacht side rifle SG42.Offer here an original Wehrmacht side rifle SG42.

My opinion is not the original bayonet. The geometry of the blade is different from the original, the handle is not Bakelite, but plastic, the shape of the handle's head is the same as on the copy, sheaths also have differences. Everything is very bad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast