Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Original or not? Dak Camo gas mask

Article about: Hello guys, I bought this gas mask can from IMA. Now I want to sell it, but when I posted it, one collector said it’s a post war paint job, he said it’s painted over the rust. He told me

Default Original or not? Dak Camo gas mask

Hello guys,

I bought this gas mask can from IMA.
    Now I want to sell it, but when I posted it, one collector said it’s a post war paint job, he said it’s painted over the rust. He told me that the paint looks like this way because metal underneath is rusted.
    So I looked at the gas mask closer, and I noticed that exposed metal on the sides is smooth, it doesn’t have rough texture, and rust damage.
    I tried explaining my position to this collector, that it’s the paint that has a rough and sand based texture.
    There are also dents in the can and yellow paint dented with it, it didn’t flake off.
    I can’t see any rust damage under the paint, but I’m not an expert.
    Can you guys please help me with this ite?, I don’t want to sell a fake to anyone.

Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original or not? Dak Camo gas mask   Original or not? Dak Camo gas mask  

Original or not? Dak Camo gas mask   Original or not? Dak Camo gas mask  

Original or not? Dak Camo gas mask   Original or not? Dak Camo gas mask  

Original or not? Dak Camo gas mask  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original or not? Dak Camo gas mask
    P
    Many

It's been sprayed rather than painted, I also can't decide whether I'm seeing something on the bottom besides the four large digits. To my eyes there appears to be some text across the top of it that looks like RL number for. Luftschutz issue behalter (unless the picture has a watermark or my eyes are deceiving me).

Has any part of the GM38 mask snout been painted or the filter?

Thank you for your reply.
    The gas can is spray painted, it’s actually common, Germans used spray guns in Afrika (plenty of photo evidence to back it up), so I don’t see it as an issue.
    There is a 4 digit number on the bottom, and under it, there is a unit markings, both are painted over.

Anyone can else can help ?

Good pictures, including close up's, in daylight might help getting opinions

Hello,
    IMO the paint job is not wartime
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Based on the pictures provided my opinion is also after war paint job.