Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

OST arbeiters ( east workers) patches

Article about: Here are two "OST" patches. Originals ? Photos 1 and 2 - first patch Photos 3 and 4 - second patch

Default OST arbeiters ( east workers) patches

Here are two "OST" patches.

Originals ?

Photos 1 and 2 - first patch
    Photos 3 and 4 - second patch
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture OST arbeiters ( east workers) patches   OST arbeiters ( east workers) patches  

OST arbeiters ( east workers) patches   OST arbeiters ( east workers) patches  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement OST arbeiters ( east workers) patches
    P
    Many

Samland,

I'm not 100% sure about these.. I would expect to see a mirror image (reversed) on the back side..

But I am sure there were variations..

Here is an example that I have in my collection..

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture OST arbeiters ( east workers) patches   OST arbeiters ( east workers) patches  

Here is a fake type (I think it is a fake type)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture OST arbeiters ( east workers) patches  
    Attached Images Attached Images OST arbeiters ( east workers) patches 

Although Blacklighting is not a proof positive way to determine authenticity, it may be useful to see if the fabric glows..

I have not seen the type of zigzag cut before but again there would have been I assume many different methods of mass printing these..

Smitty

zigzag is a fake !

But I need oppinions about first two patches

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Although Blacklighting is not a proof positive way to determine authenticity, it may be useful to see if the fabric glows..

I have not seen the type of zigzag cut before but again there would have been I assume many different methods of mass printing these..

Smitty
    The zigzag is from 'pinking shears' - scissors with saw-tooth edges to stop material fraying - they have been in use for 100 years or more!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture OST arbeiters ( east workers) patches  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The zig zag cut out one shown is the most prevalent of the fakes of the Ost patch its almost made on a soft cotton. See them at the SOS every year as "variants". In terms of the first one posted I have actually never seen a subdued colour patch. The blue one that Smithy posted is the original standard one that is always seen.

Morris