Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Post war Canteen Straps?

Article about: This canteen has been brought to my attention and some are arguing it is all wartime. However in my eyes these are post war straps on a wartime canteen. Likely refurbished for post war use.

Default Post war Canteen Straps?

This canteen has been brought to my attention and some are arguing it is all wartime. However in my eyes these are post war straps on a wartime canteen. Likely refurbished for post war use. I would just like to have a few more educated opinions either proving me wrong or right.

Apologies for the lack of images please ask if you need more as I may be able to find some.

Thank you,
    Bodhi

Post war Canteen Straps?Post war Canteen Straps?Post war Canteen Straps?Post war Canteen Straps?Post war Canteen Straps?Post war Canteen Straps?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post war Canteen Straps?
    P
    Many

Hello.
    That an interesting case that we have here.
    Let us start with the obvious : the canteen and cup are clearly of military origin.
    This being said neither the cover nor the craddle are strictly following known military regulations.
    The whole thing seems ancient and could be a war-time canteen, but of civilian / private purchase issue.
    What would make a big difference in the study of that canteen are two things : at first being able to know if the cover bears a maker's mark, and also if the screw cap is marked WAL 38 accordingly.