Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pre war M31 Canteen AWG 36

Article about: Well here it is, much better in person too. It’s marked everywhere it can be plus what I think is the name Otto on the cup and strap. Overall condition is still very nice with one small mo

Default Pre war M31 Canteen AWG 36

Well here it is, much better in person too. It’s marked everywhere it can be plus what I think is the name Otto on the cup and strap. Overall condition is still very nice with one small moth hole that can’t really be seen unless you look for it and a solid 95% - 97% of the paint is left on the cup. The strap that buckles the cup down has been treated but only in the area with the buckle holes. The repair on the cap is not a problem and seems sturdy. Also thanks to anyone who answered my questions on the previous thread.

Happy Collecting,
    Bodhi

Some photos attached some didn’t not sure why, but the second to last is the name Otto again and the last is a barley visible makers mark and date.
    Pre war M31 Canteen AWG 36Pre war M31 Canteen AWG 36Pre war M31 Canteen AWG 36Pre war M31 Canteen AWG 36Pre war M31 Canteen AWG 36
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre war M31 Canteen AWG 36   Pre war M31 Canteen AWG 36  

Pre war M31 Canteen AWG 36   Pre war M31 Canteen AWG 36  

Pre war M31 Canteen AWG 36   Pre war M31 Canteen AWG 36  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pre war M31 Canteen AWG 36
    P
    Many

CSW
    ?

What a gorgeous canteen in very nice shape. Great purchase!

Thanks! I was very happy to find a 36 dated one in good condition, it goes well with the 35 I have. The problem is they are both in nice shape meaning I’m going to have to keep all the others looking like that

35 on the left 36 on the right.

This is a very nice matching early canteen, it's always a pleasure to see beauty like this :-)

Thanks, I’ve seen your impressive collection of canteens so it's good to see you like it!

Nice one Bodhie, too bad about the little repair but we can live with it !!!

And trust me, soon you will not settle for nice shape...... you’ll want them in a state when they left the factory.......

Like this matching DMN 37 one !!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre war M31 Canteen AWG 36   Pre war M31 Canteen AWG 36  

Very nice one Tom, that’s a beautiful example!

I’ll have to keep my eyes peeled for some minty canteens now.