Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reference thread: The Brotbeutel 31, overview for beginners and other interested collectors

Article about: Hello Gentlemen and fellow collectors, Here's is a quick but rather complete overview of the Brotbeutel 31 (breadbag) as it was produced and delivered to the troops between its adoption by t

This one is not of german manufacture but was issued within the german army after modifications. It is a Czech breadbag that had its integrated carrying strap modified into belt loops. Leather and metal fittings were also added.
    I hope you like it as you won't see one like this everyday (hopefully)
    Thanks

Reference thread: The Brotbeutel 31, overview for beginners and other interested collectors

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reference thread: The Brotbeutel 31, overview for beginners and other interested collectors
    P
    Many

Dav
    ?

Fantastic thread Philippe - I don't have much but here's my late war 31, with an RBNr on the strap, along with a few basic personal items.

Hello,
    Dav, that's a nice display with VGC items...
    Thanks for taking the time to shoot this tremendous photo...
    Thanks

ps : the field dressing goes in the Feldbluse not in the Brotbeutel...

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Dav
    ?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Dav, that's a nice display with VGC items...
    Thanks for taking the time to shoot this tremendous photo...
    Thanks

ps : the field dressing goes in the Feldbluse not in the Brotbeutel...
    Thank you Guess I'll have to get myself a Feldbluse then, and use your fantastic book to research them so I can choose which one I buy

I'm also still not 100% on the troop light, it has the characteristics of war time production- the larger "D" on the Daimon, the correct leather tab system for the back, and the feldgrau paint. It also has that coarse pattern late war style ammo pouch leather you see, so I'm leaning towards later war construction- also explains why it's in such good condition. It doesn't however have the coloured sliders on the lens filters, which I haven't seen before.

I see no problem with this Daimon flashlight. Leftovers pieces of leather from ammo pouches were used for the production of other equipments well before what people call "late war"...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

?

Nice tread. I like the German fieldgear, and have collected such for some years. Here are my few breadbags and some accessories.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reference thread: The Brotbeutel 31, overview for beginners and other interested collectors   Reference thread: The Brotbeutel 31, overview for beginners and other interested collectors  

Reference thread: The Brotbeutel 31, overview for beginners and other interested collectors   Reference thread: The Brotbeutel 31, overview for beginners and other interested collectors  

Hello,
    Thanks for posting these photos agv.....great collection...neat items in very good condition, congrats...
    I dug out the photo below this morning from one of my hard drives, i wanted to post it here and have been surprised to find this thread at the top of the list due to your nice photos. That was a good surprise...thanks again
    So below is an old photo taken some years ago and that shows a part of my breadbags...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

Wow nice thank you very much for this.

Here are mine and my strap collection. They are very addictive I have found ......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reference thread: The Brotbeutel 31, overview for beginners and other interested collectors   Reference thread: The Brotbeutel 31, overview for beginners and other interested collectors  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Here's mine in unissued condition and also a slight correction to what you wrote in the introduction, the gray ones with gray leather were also still being produced in 1940 as you can see by my examples below.
    made by Reinhold Adam, Oberursel (Taunus) in 1940, the inside leather pieces are made from brown on one and black pebbled leather on the other Brotbeutel, apart from that, both are identical, both dated 1940.
    Unfortunately a bit of rodent damage on them.
    Luis
    Sorry for the bad quality photos, I took them a year ago and I only have one now (only depicted in the last two pictures)

Reference thread: The Brotbeutel 31, overview for beginners and other interested collectors   Reference thread: The Brotbeutel 31, overview for beginners and other interested collectors  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast