Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Reichswehr Mess Kit

Article about: A recent pickup of mine and in fact the single item I got from the SOS. I’ve been after one of these in nice condition for a long time now and glad I finally got a good one, definitely not

Default Reichswehr Mess Kit

A recent pickup of mine and in fact the single item I got from the SOS. I’ve been after one of these in nice condition for a long time now and glad I finally got a good one, definitely not an easy piece to find. I’m unsure the M code for these, somewhere in between the M1910 and M31. I’ve seen the referred to as “M27” but cannot back that up with anything.

This example is dated 1929 and made by Eduard Sommerfeld, Berlin.

Happy hunting,
    Bodhi

Reichswehr Mess KitReichswehr Mess KitReichswehr Mess KitReichswehr Mess KitReichswehr Mess KitReichswehr Mess KitReichswehr Mess Kit

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichswehr Mess Kit
    P
    Many

This Messkit is the predecessor to the M31 so I took some pictures of the two together.

These two make an excellent set together, same color paint, same maker, same wear, and of course both nice scarce early dates.

Reichswehr Mess KitReichswehr Mess KitReichswehr Mess KitReichswehr Mess Kit

Congratulations on another great addition Bodhi.

Thank you! While I was in Kentucky for the show I bought a GM24 bag with filter and tube, no mask of course lol. That will be a real hard piece to get. I’ll post it up some time soon.

Hello,
    That's a nice example of the forerunner of the M31 messkit....congrats for the find
    if i remember well my example is 1928 dated, but the condition is not as good as yours.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thank you JP! Definitely a important piece for me to have for my collection criteria.

Quote by BodhiEtheridge View Post
    Definitely a important piece for me to have for my collection criteria.
    Hello,
    As you collect pre-TR and early WH stuff, this was definitely an important item to get i guess...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)