Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A searchlight on its trailer from Jersey, Channel Islands.

Article about: Last night in our local news paper... The Jersey Evening Post was a photo previously published in 1964. It showed a collector from the UK by the name of Summersby who was combining his holid

Default A searchlight on its trailer from Jersey, Channel Islands.

Last night in our local news paper... The Jersey Evening Post was a photo previously published in 1964. It showed a collector from the UK by the name of Summersby who was combining his holiday in Jersey with his hobby of collecting German kit. He was the owner of the Red Lion Hotel in Henley-on-Thames which is where the searchlight must have been shipped too. I wonder where it is today. The caption also says he picked up some German posters and maps of the Island showing gun positions. I would love to find them and bring them back to the Island. Also in the photo is a German box of some description and at the very front right of the photo can be seen the filter box for a German 2.4 Hes Pilar ventilation unit from a German bunker.
    Although far too young to have known him.... I was born in 64, but I have heard his name a few times over the years. I wonder how much he actually managed to ship off the Island, and where is it all now.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A searchlight on its trailer from Jersey, Channel Islands.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A searchlight on its trailer from Jersey, Channel Islands.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Love the Dewars Whisky boxes on the floor and wall! After drinking all that would think it would be hard to find a plane in the sky.....let alone track it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Wish you luck in your search, should be interesting!