Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Shelter Quarter Swiss WW2

Article about: As there is no "Neutrals" section! I'll place this one here! Anyway I've been looking around and I've not seen another like this one as the summer side is unusual from what I've se

Default Shelter Quarter Swiss WW2

As there is no "Neutrals" section! I'll place this one here!
    Anyway I've been looking around and I've not seen another like this one as the summer side is unusual from what I've seen?
    Any one have one to share/info? Please post.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 10-03-2020 at 03:01 AM. Reason: added old spread pics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Shelter Quarter Swiss WW2
    P
    Many

Is this one dated Rene? They were in use from 1938 until the mid 50s. Nice find by the way.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Is this one dated Rene? They were in use from 1938 until the mid 50s. Nice find by the way.
    No dates I can find Mate, I'm going by the stitch methods.
    Cheers Paul for taking a looksy.

Like you say it's unusual with those straight lines coming off the dark green shapes. I wonder if it's some kind of printing error?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Like you say it's unusual with those straight lines coming off the dark green shapes. I wonder if it's some kind of printing error?
    I was thinking on the same line? but also the lines going alone. Lines are normal from the green bits.

You would think its hard to call yourself neutral when your cammo is so like the most "UN-neutral" of them all???

Talk about a target on your chest wearing this!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    You would think its hard to call yourself neutral when your cammo is so like the most "UN-neutral" of them all???

Talk about a target on your chest wearing this!
    Cheers Dan, not so sure they wore these Mate.

?

Default They didn't want to look like this guy!

Just a screenshot of a German ww2 setup in a Swiss museum.
    I really like your zelt Rene,and although it's getting off topic I was watching this video of a Swiss fortress museum yesterday and thought you might enjoy it.
    The German "splinter guy" appears in it.
    Gigantische WAFFENSAMMLUNG im Festungsmuseum Reuenthal (Schweiz) [4K] - YouTube
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Shelter Quarter Swiss WW2  

"Despite the patterns being quite similar there are a number of differences between the Swiss and the German shelter halves/zeltbahns: - the Swiss shelter is rectangular, the German triangular; the German zeltbahn does not have the yellow dots on one of the sides; there is green "lines" through the brown areas of the Swiss pattern - sometimes connecting the green areas. The German Zeltbahn does not have these lines. The Swiss shelter often has a stamped metal disk with the manufacturer etc."
    Just found this on Camopedia.

Quote by Kateri View Post
    Just a screenshot of a German ww2 setup in a Swiss museum.
    I really like your zelt Rene,and although it's getting off topic I was watching this video of a Swiss fortress museum yesterday and thought you might enjoy it.
    The German "splinter guy" appears in it.
    Gigantische WAFFENSAMMLUNG im Festungsmuseum Reuenthal (Schweiz) [4K] - YouTube
    Quite a well shot vid thanks for that.