Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Small lot of mid-late war equipment

Article about: This lot just came in today after I found it online for just 50€ with shipping. Two mess kits (C&CW44 and G.N.L.43, both matching), a 43 dated M31 Feldflasche without the cup, unfortun

Default Small lot of mid-late war equipment

This lot just came in today after I found it online for just 50€ with shipping.
    Two mess kits (C&CW44 and G.N.L.43, both matching), a 43 dated M31 Feldflasche without the cup, unfortunately, all components (strap, bottle and cover) marked C&CW43 and an aluminium butter dish.
    The items were cellar finds as is quite obvious by their condition, the leather of the field bottle strap is pretty hard, though flexible and the cover has some light moth damage.
    All the items don't seem to have seen much action, the G.N.L.43 Kochgeschirr has almost all of its paint remaining and the C&CW44 one was issued from the factory without paint.
    What's interesting is that the 44 dated one has markings on both handle attachments and only the wire handle and the steel handle are painted, also the 43 dated one still has the soup ration marks and in general is made like a pre war model apart from the steel handle.

Hope you like this lot as much as I do
    Luis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Small lot of mid-late war equipment   Small lot of mid-late war equipment  

Small lot of mid-late war equipment   Small lot of mid-late war equipment  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Small lot of mid-late war equipment
    P
    Many

More pictures..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Small lot of mid-late war equipment   Small lot of mid-late war equipment  

Nice items and good deal.

?

a great score!

That was a nice deal. Well done.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello,
    Well done, congrats....
    the GNL example is rather nice
    Good job on the aluminium butterdish. Too bad it is missing the lid for the inner glass, but as it is the case for 90% of them, that's not a big deal
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Dav
    ?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Well done, congrats....
    the GNL example is rather nice
    Good job on the aluminium butterdish. Too bad it is missing the lid for the inner glass, but as it is the case for 90% of them, that's not a big deal
    Thanks
    I always dismissed the aluminium butter dishes as post war, I knew about the normal ones, and the ones with the vented lid- where were these used? 50 euro is a very good price, wish I could find stuff that cheap!

Thank you for your replies, gentlemen.
    About the butterdish, what exactly is it?
    I'm rather sure it's period and I've seen it over here in Germany frequently but never really looked into what it actually is.
    Is it a private purchase item, or army issue?

Also here are the makers for the items:
    G.N.L. Gebrüder Noelle , Bestecke ,Lüdenscheid dqg
    C&C.W. Colsmann & Co., Walzwerk, Werdohl drp

Luis

Quote by Dav View Post
    I always dismissed the aluminium butter dishes as post war, I knew about the normal ones, and the ones with the vented lid- where were these used? 50 euro is a very good price, wish I could find stuff that cheap!

Hello,
    Aluminium butterdishes are not postwar, they're prewar but were still used during wartime. They do appear on many wartime photos.
    There is a famous photo taken in August 1944 in Normandie that show one used by a member of Schwere Panzer Abteilung 503 who's waiting to cross the river Seine after the battle. They come in two sizes.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Aluminium butterdishes are not postwar, they're prewar but were still used during wartime. They do appear on many wartime photos.
    There is a famous photo taken in August 1944 in Normandie that show one used by a member of Schwere Panzer Abteilung 503 who's waiting to cross the river Seine after the battle. They come in two sizes.
    Thanks
    Thanks for clearing that up, I had heard they were pre war but only on ebay adverts and the like
    I hadn't seen a large size one like the one I have now before either, just the small ones.
    Luis