Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Small Luftschutz Gasmask

Article about: Hello, I got this at a local military show. I have never seen one of these with the box or with a name. Im pretty sure this piece is original but would like yall's thoughts on it Thanks John

Thumbs up Small Luftschutz Gasmask

Hello, I got this at a local military show. I have never seen one of these with the box or with a name. Im pretty sure this piece is original but would like yall's thoughts on it
    Thanks
    John

Small Luftschutz GasmaskSmall Luftschutz GasmaskSmall Luftschutz GasmaskSmall Luftschutz GasmaskSmall Luftschutz GasmaskSmall Luftschutz GasmaskSmall Luftschutz GasmaskSmall Luftschutz GasmaskSmall Luftschutz GasmaskSmall Luftschutz Gasmask

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Small Luftschutz Gasmask
    P
    Many

Thumbs up re

Last pictures
    Thanks
    John

Small Luftschutz GasmaskSmall Luftschutz GasmaskSmall Luftschutz Gasmask

A nice Volksgasmaske 40. They were used by the Luftschutz, but were produced mainly for civilian use. It came in three sizes: ‘M’, ‘F’ and ‘K’. For ‘Mann’, ‘Frau’ and ‘Kind’ (Male, female and child) respectively. The size is impressed on the lid of the box.

Yours is a complete one, and it’s in very nice shape. Very often the boxes are torn or falling apart. Nice to see the instruction manual, too.

Do be aware that the circle of fabric around the inlet valve, on the inside of the mask, is white asbestos. It looks like it’s in good shape, so as long as you don’t play around with the mask too much, it’ll be fine.

Regards, B.B.

Yes I agree with BB. You did well to even find a show that was on! Don't be tempted to wear the mask, the filter has asbestos inside as already noted.