Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Spades in spades!!!

Article about: Just to show what you can still find out of Russia - here a seller has FIFTEEN original German issue spades for sale ( \\$100 each ) and they are the real thing - folded ears, spot welded rein

Default Spades in spades!!!

Just to show what you can still find out of Russia - here a seller has FIFTEEN original German issue spades for sale ( $110 each ) and they are the real thing - folded ears, spot welded reinforcing, not a Bulgarian rivet in sight!!!!!

Looks like they were JUST collected from a surrender pile too!

It's still out there fellas!!!

WW2 German trench shovel 100% Original ! 1944-1945 Trenching Tool | eBay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spades in spades!!!   Spades in spades!!!  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spades in spades!!!
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Tempting Dan...very tempting.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very cool. Imagine how shovels like those were used for prisoners to dig their own graves sometimes too... grim.

You ever look at old shovels and think what a pain it must have been to dig mostly by using your hands and not your feet/legs with how short the shovels were back then? It'd take forever!

Oh yes, stuff is still out there !! Absolutely

But, to put things in perspective : price for a loose shove is pretty high to be honest.....

Not too long ago i have bought 2 spades (perfectly stamped and clean (one 1939 and one 1941) for 45€ each on a militaria fair !

And the seller said that there were no markings..... probably a lazy seller who wanted a quick deal, without inspecting the spades.....

Tom

They are on ebay for a long time now.
    I'm with Tom, too expensive for such unspectacular types.

The story of this unissued batch would be more interesting for me.

I bought one of these back in March 2019, so 18 months ago. The price I paid back then with shipping to England was $85.00, at that time I thought a good price.