Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

SS mess tin ??

Article about: I just take this one. Matching parts. It has RZM markings and "46/36 SS" enigmatic numerals for me. Das it suguest SS units use or just strange producer markings?

?

Default SS mess tin ??

I just take this one. Matching parts. All aluminium parts.
    SS mess tin ??
    It has RZM markings and "46/36 SS" enigmatic numerals for me. Das it suguest SS units use or just strange producer markings? Thanks!
    SS mess tin ??
    SS mess tin ??
    SS mess tin ??
    SS mess tin ??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS mess tin ??
    P
    Many

?

I have read some posts here and as I understand this is realy mess tin from some SS unit produced in 1936 and made in factory or firm with RZM code 46?
    Is it posible to conect mess tins that come from this producer with certain SS division ?

?

Here is another mess tin also marked for manufacturer 46, but for 1935. Obviously different fonts for the stamps, specific runic ss stamp and different position for the stamping. I add this for information, not to suggest that the example you are showing is false. I can see from other sources that field equipment was also stamped in the way shown on your example.

I don't think there is any way of linking your mess tin to any specific unit. It would presumably have been sourced centrally in 1936 and then issued out to whatever unit required it. As there seem to be no traces of black paint it would perhaps have been originally issued to one of the regiments of SS-VT, as I am assuming that other SS units at that time would have been issued ones finished in black.

Regards, Philip

SS mess tin ??

Looks fine. The codes are for the contract issued in 1936.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks ! I am very grateful for information! SS items are new area for me.