Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Mess tin

Article about: Dear all, Please provide you opinion on the following SS markings. Mess tin is for sure original. as you see the one on the lower part has a deep band around SS, what is not typical. Yet I h

Default SS Mess tin

Dear all,

Please provide you opinion on the following SS markings. Mess tin is for sure original. as you see the one on the lower part has a deep band around SS, what is not typical. Yet I have seen comparable examples before. The upper part is hard to tell as a lot of metal is removed. Your help is much appreciated.

SS Mess tinSS Mess tinSS Mess tinSS Mess tinSS Mess tinSS Mess tinSS Mess tin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Mess tin
    P
    Many

more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Mess tin   SS Mess tin  

SS Mess tin  

paint

SS Mess tinSS Mess tinSS Mess tin

SS Mess tin

It seems the RZM code is good when compared to another posted by one of our admins but the stamp itself is different including the SS runes. I'm not an expert but I would say you are half way there. Please wait for other opinions.

?

Why does the one Dimas has posted have solid runes and the one posted today has outline runes ? Also, the RZM mark is a double strike or mis punch ??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Mess tin   SS Mess tin  

SS Mess tin  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

That was basically my question.

?

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    That was basically my question.
    Sorry, I was also posting about the mis-strike / double strike GVPP... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

That part is above my pay grade.

Hallo,

In my opinion, if this is a one-piece set, both stamps must be the same. We see that stamps are different while the state is the same from top to bottom. This is a bad signal. I would not buy this kit.

I think the marks on the lid may be authentic, but the ones on the base do look questionable. For the reasons already mentioned and I would add, very clean marks. After 80 years some darkening and accumulation of dirt in the grooves would be expected. But it's fresh and clean like stuck yesterday.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast