Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stolla Wein RZM marked

Article about: Sounds like good information being shared and hope you don't mind me chiming in. This past weekend I went to my second and largest militaria show. Honestly I was excited at first but that so

?

Default Stolla Wein RZM marked

Hey guys have a set of Stolla Wein y straps RZM marked so I have a couple of questions are they complete un altered.And if they are RZM marked are they pre war or war time issue and issued to which branch of the service. Found letters on the side of the shoulder strap that were printed in the leather the look like they spell GES.GECH OR GES.CECH
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stolla Wein RZM marked   Stolla Wein RZM marked  

Stolla Wein RZM marked   Stolla Wein RZM marked  

Last edited by Mark K; 04-09-2011 at 08:18 AM. Reason: found writing

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stolla Wein RZM marked
    P
    Many

Default Re: Stolla Wein RZM marked

Post war Austrian straps with bogus RZM markings!

I agree with Manny.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Again Iam in your debt the market place seems to be flooded with fakes.I need to be a lot more carefull out there I can see this now.And do a lot more research and post my potential purchases on the forum for the opinion of other members.

Hi there,
    these straps are not fakes...they're genuine post-War Austrian straps with bogus markings added to deceive!Of course...there are replica Y-straps that are made to deceive even further and a well planned ageing and "weathering" would make them hard to tell from the real thing!Unfortunately straps are not the only leatherware made...there are pouches,boots,belts and all sorts of things too!
    Cheers
    Manny

?

I think collecting german ww2 is going to be somewhat challenging !!! I have been collecting american,british,canadian,for some time and there is not quite the same level of abuse and forgeries in that collectors market as there is with german ww2 collectibles.

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    I think collecting german ww2 is going to be somewhat challenging !!! I have been collecting american,british,canadian,for some time and there is not quite the same level of abuse and forgeries in that collectors market as there is with german ww2 collectibles.
    German WW2 collectibles are very sought after and fakers (especially, if not almost exclusively, from Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union) don't leave any stone unturned in order to make profits with fakes,from buttons to motorcycles!
    I've noticed you're looking for opionions on many items that presumably come from ePrey...if you really want to start collecting WW2 German Militaria I'd suggest you to look in the "for sale" section of this forum...you could be much better off than jumping into the darkness!
    My two cents
    Manny

?

Thanks Manny the 3reich for sale thread has some excellent deals .And Iam going to contact the collectors guild to purchase a tunic tomorrow this way at least I will know its authentic.

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Thanks Manny the 3reich for sale thread has some excellent deals .And Iam going to contact the collectors guild to purchase a tunic tomorrow this way at least I will know its authentic.
    You're welcome matey!Peter has some very nice items listed and I'm going to consign a few to him in the very next future!The pro with Peter is that he's alway more than willing to stand by if you don't like whatv you've bought,the con is that just about any item is given to him on consignement,hence you've got to pay a tad more than the "ordinary" market value but it's well worth it!
    Good luck and post your next tunic as soon as you'll put your hands on it!
    Cheers
    Manny

?

tHANKS MANNY AND I WILL POST ANY NEW ITEMS AS SOON AS I GET THEM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast