Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Strange Cavalry coupling device for some saddle bags + someting ? Helps needed

Article about: Can someone help me with this pieces ? Thanks all

Default Strange Cavalry coupling device for some saddle bags + someting ? Helps needed

Can someone help me with this pieces ? Thanks all
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange Cavalry coupling device for some saddle bags + someting ? Helps needed   Strange Cavalry coupling device for some saddle bags + someting ? Helps needed  

Strange Cavalry coupling device for some saddle bags + someting ? Helps needed   Strange Cavalry coupling device for some saddle bags + someting ? Helps needed  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strange Cavalry coupling device for some saddle bags + someting ? Helps needed
    P
    Many

The item in the first three pictures is an Uberwurf used for connecting the pair of saddle bags (left & right) in fron of the saddle. It is WWII as it has a Waffenamt stamp but I have never seen one with this metal piece in the middle. It looks like it might be a guide for something like the reigns, perhaps in an application where the rider has to let go of the reigns. The Uberwurf is a very difficult piece to find for some reason and tends to come at a high price (three figures usually).

The other items I do not recognise but the canvass pouch is likely for a tool. A set of marker flags comes to mind but that is only a guess.

The last piece seems like something that would perhaps be fitted to a strap in the horse equipment to allow another item to be attached to it. A kind of detachable fixing point but that is a complete guess.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Is the pouch for a picket pin type device similar to the US? I am not experienced in German cavalry equipment.
    John

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Is the pouch for a picket pin type device similar to the US? I am not experienced in German cavalry equipment.
    John
    The German cavalry used the "Anbindering" to improvise a tethering point by screwing it into a wooden post or tree (period ones are a very rare item) but I suppose it was not always possible on the Russian Steppe so it does make sense there would be a spike or peg too.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 01-13-2021 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thanks but I know then this is Uberwurf which looks like Uberwurf M34 clasic model, but this piece is another.....

?

Motorcycle ?
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "