Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

strange plate

Article about: Hello, today i found this strange ss plate here from Latvia. I think its fake but maybe its real. Raul

?

Default strange plate

Hello, today i found this strange ss plate here from Latvia. I think its fake but maybe its real. Raul

strange plate

strange plate

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement strange plate
    P
    Many

I am not able to enlarge the pics to view. You will need to post better pics unless it is my computer.
    John

As already mentioned the picture is nowhere near good enough for an accurate identification but it looks very much like like an aluminium dinner plate such have been used by many armies in the field when a field kitchen type of service is accessible. Hard to imagine that kind of thing being faked unless it has an LAH monogram etc!

Regards

Mark 6
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

strange plate

strange plate

Looks like an ordinary plate that somebody slapped fake markings on. An RZM stamp and a WaffenAmt marking would never be seen alongside each other. They were quality control stamps for two entirely different things. The former was for political and related material, the latter for military equipment.

Regards, B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Looks like an ordinary plate that somebody slapped fake markings on. An RZM stamp and a WaffenAmt marking would never be seen alongside each other. They were quality control stamps for two entirely different things. The former was for political and related material, the latter for military equipment.

Regards, B.B.
    I agree entirely. I'm at work using my mobile phone so I couldn't see the stamps at all in the first pics but in any case they look to have been applied well after the plate became so beaten up.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

It also looks like the S.S. mark was going to be stamped here and was not completed..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture strange plate  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Looking at it now on a full sized screen, I think the marks were cast in when the plate was made last week! Nothing good about this at all I'm afraid

Regards
    Mark

Quote by Raul View Post
    I think its fake

Hello,
    IMO your first thought is the right one...
    and they did not forget to add a Waffen-Amt....armament inspectors had no rifles, guns or bayonets to check this special day, so they decided to check plates, just to make sure....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)