Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

The things you buy without knowing or I have a Tiger Tank Turret Optics

Article about: Well I was at a place where the older fellow is selling his collection a bit at a time, for the past 3 years I am the only one that is allowed to buy. He calls me when he gets a pile of stuf

?

Default The things you buy without knowing or I have a Tiger Tank Turret Optics

The things you buy without knowing or I have a Tiger Tank Turret OpticsThe things you buy without knowing or I have a Tiger Tank Turret OpticsThe things you buy without knowing or I have a Tiger Tank Turret OpticsWell I was at a place where the older fellow is selling his collection a bit at a time, for the past 3 years I am the only one that is allowed to buy.
    He calls me when he gets a pile of stuff together and I have to buy it all, some really good stuff, and some not that great.
    This time I bought what I thought were 2 German Rangefinders, well one is, but I cannot find what type as it is not a m34.
    The other was not a range finder, after researching the letters and numbers on it, I found out it was made by Lientz and was only made to fit a Tiger Tank. It is the early 2 lens type, the later ones went to one lense close to the end of the barrels.
    They are dark grey/green and about 33 inches long, the slide into a mount as the 2 wide flat "pins" are on the bottom.
    I do not know what I am going to do with them yet, when I bought them I thought they were German Navy, but what a great surprise!
    I even remembered how to attach photos
    Great Looking RARE item!!

Dean
    Ajax Canada

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The things you buy without knowing or I have a Tiger Tank Turret Optics
    P
    Many

Dean,I am sure there is a tank museum that would buy it ,maybe Bovington in the UK.

Superb,a really nice find,in the optics community there are many that would take them off your hands,especially the tank optic,

The OMVA Tank Museum near the Oshawa Airport would
    likely be interested.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I have emailed Bovington as they have a Tiger, but are still looking for some parts, I know a lot of the Guys from the Oshawa Museum and Ferret Club, I don't think they would want it.

Thank you for the replies
    Dean

I see what you mean about great stuff and Not so great stuff. I mean, I'd buy a Tiger tanks optics Myself, but you shouldn't really be expected to have to buy the Swiffer refills and the old brown Shoes as well...that's just wrong...
    Still an excellent buy-a Tiger scope! Nice find! Are the optics clear in them?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

The Optics are very clean and clear, the Swiffer box has something I am going to ship out, and those "Brown Shoes" are WW1 Canadian Officers High Boots with the Original Spurs.
    My Den is a little cluttered right now as I bought 7 Kit bags full of Military stuff as well as the rangefinders and Tiger bit.

Thank you for the Reply!!

Dean

thanks for taking up my suggestion of Bovington.

?

Bovington is willing to take it as a donation, and I have donated many smaller items to Museums here in Canada, however, I cannot afford to donate this.
    Perhaps if I had 2 of them, but that will probably not happen.
    I wonder how this got to Canada in the first place

Dean