Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Tropical Gas Mask?

Article about: Hello, once again I’ve found a gas mask but this time I’m stumped. I’ve never seen one of these before and was wondering if this one is original. At first I thought it had been painted

Default Tropical Gas Mask?

Hello, once again I’ve found a gas mask but this time I’m stumped. I’ve never seen one of these before and was wondering if this one is original. At first I thought it had been painted by the soldier but it looks to be factory paint. This is something I’ve never seen before, just wondering if it’s something I should chase, I don’t have much of a budget but there’s no harm in trying I guess.

Cheers and Happy Collecting,
    Bodhi

Tropical Gas Mask?Tropical Gas Mask?Tropical Gas Mask?Tropical Gas Mask?Tropical Gas Mask?Tropical Gas Mask?Tropical Gas Mask?Tropical Gas Mask?Tropical Gas Mask?Tropical Gas Mask?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tropical Gas Mask?
    P
    Many

It's not a tropical mask. I once purchased one for that exact reason. In fact, the yellow paint was added postwar. If I remember correctly, it was done when they were brought into use with the Dutch Civil Defence services around the early 1960s. The filters also have the yellow paint, and are marked with an '8' or 'C' ink stamp. Other than that, the mask itself is original, just not in its wartime configuration.

Here's mine:

Tropical Gas Mask?Tropical Gas Mask?

B.B.

Hello, correct BB.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Thank you very much guys, sorry to hear you got burned but thanks again for saving me from making the same mistake!

Cheers and thank you,
    Bodhi

Has been discussed before.
    M38 Gas Mask - Kriegsmarine???

I too have one of these - and a brown painted can ( not the mask ) that was supposedly issued to the Danes in the 50's .
    Certainly the masks are wartime production even if the jury is still out on when the paint was added..... so I'm not chucking mine out YET!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "