Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unknown e-tool/Spaten German?

Article about: Interesting thought! The only immediate difference that I can see with the British 39 and the one posted here is that the British 39's 2 curled over edges ,where you press down with your foo

Interesting thought! The only immediate difference that I can see with the British 39 and the one posted here is that the British 39's 2 curled over edges ,where you press down with your foot, were not bolted in place to the blade as this one is. Otherwise, they are extremely close to being identical! Apparently, this design was popular all over Europe and who knows where else! Without any definite markings, positively identifying this one is a tough job.

A good eye, Joe! Welcome to the Forum!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown e-tool/Spaten German?
    P
    Many

Thanks. I must admit that I don't know that much about the 1939 Pattern tools, as there seems to be a bit of a dearth of information on these. I have seen one or two broad arrow marked entrenching tools which have the curled edges riveted in place, though if these were captured and stamped, or were a variation of the 1939 Pattern I don't know for certain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2