Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unknown medic canteen

Article about: Hey chaps Got recently a canteen that seems to be a Sanitäter Feldflasche but has no markings on the cup, on the neck, wool cover or anything else. Have checked the interior of the strap but

Default Unknown medic canteen

Hey chaps

Got recently a canteen that seems to be a Sanitäter Feldflasche but has no markings on the cup, on the neck, wool cover or anything else. Have checked the interior of the strap buttons (usually they show PRYM or FKK or some other marker) but these are blank too altough they have the same pattern as all the others on top.

I suspect it's a Reichswehr unmarked item or mabe even previous as to WW1 (doubt it because of quality).

Cheers

Unknown medic canteenUnknown medic canteenUnknown medic canteenUnknown medic canteenUnknown medic canteenUnknown medic canteenUnknown medic canteenUnknown medic canteenUnknown medic canteenUnknown medic canteenUnknown medic canteenUnknown medic canteen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown medic canteen
    P
    Many

I've seen the chain on ground dug german WW2 canteens and also on romanian ones. I call it WC chain because it resembles the one one we had back in the 80's to flush.

I know practically nothing about canteens, so all I can assume is.. Well, either it's a reproduction due to a lack of markings, or it's an extremely late war production where it wouldn't even be stamped. Again, this is just my assumption. And you know what they say when we assume. It makes an A word out of you and me

MAP
    ?

I think the best person to answer this might be new member here called Giancarlo. Hopefully he see's this, if not send him a private message.

He is "the Canteen Man"!!

Check out post #58 and you will see why.....

The M31 Messkit and Wartime Variants

Regards,

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Have messaged Giancarlo. Hopefuly he will be of assistance. Thanks

Thank you for let me know about this 3d.
    At first thanks to Map for the consideration about me, too much appreciated.
    About this canteen...to be honest I collect and study only standard M31 canteen and derivation like M42 canteen etc...
    I can say that this one isn't standard canteen, so I think could be paramilitary medical canteen or something else like this.
    I think it's german WWII as well.

?

Looks Swiss to me. Leather and colour. But it is not what I know best.
    Luc

Quote by Giancarlo View Post
    Thank you for let me know about this 3d.
    At first thanks to Map for the consideration about me, too much appreciated.
    About this canteen...to be honest I collect and study only standard M31 canteen and derivation like M42 canteen etc...
    I can say that this one isn't standard canteen, so I think could be paramilitary medical canteen or something else like this.
    I think it's german WWII as well.
    Someone on WAF suggested it can be paramilitary medic canteen. Does this mean either SA interwar or ?

?

This Labeflasche is in the imperial style. It is a private purchase piece of the type often obtained by the auxiliary medical services (Freiwillige Krankenpflege, etc.). If it is made from aluminum, it would most likely be either prewar, early war or postwar. Aluminum was declared a war essential metal and production of aluminum items for the military (canteens, messkits, etc.) was suspended in 1914. I assume that the private market soon dried up too, as the military took over the distribution and use of these metals (aluminum, brass, bronze). After the war, these metals once again became available and we see a reemergence of aluminum gear both in the military and the private sectors.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast