Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

unknown SS bag or cover?

Article about: This is made from very tightly woven canvas with a waterproof coating. has tabs for a drawstring, powder bag?

Default unknown SS bag or cover?

This is made from very tightly woven canvas with a waterproof coating. has tabs for a drawstring, powder bag?unknown SS bag or cover?unknown SS bag or cover?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement unknown SS bag or cover?
    P
    Many

I might be foolish but not something I would own.
    John

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    I might be foolish but not something I would own.
    John
    Even if it was free? LOL it was given to me.

?

It may be a wild guess, but from the marking (of course, now im only talking about the black text) this does not even seem like a military related item. I did a short search, but in this context I could not find any expression that would be abbreviated as "Ausfg. A". Of course I may be wrong, so feel free to correct me if you know what it means.

David

Hi there.

I can't say I have seen anything like this before, but I do not like the SS stamps.

Ausfg could mean Ausführung (version).

I did find three of these that were sold on eBay and were described as -

Here is a lot of 3 unique items. I was told these are WWII German machine gun covers for fighter aircraft. The two that are the same shape measure approx. 20" long and 12" tall at the open end. The other measures approx. 20" long and 12" at the open end. They are all white vinyl. Yes, I know the "SS" and eagle stamping were put on at some point in the past, but I don't think they are original to the covers. IF SOMEONE HAS A DIFFERENT IDEA OF WHAT THESE ARE, I AM ALL EARS.

I know this doesn't really help, but I can't see these being aircraft related.

Kind regards,

Will.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unknown SS bag or cover?   unknown SS bag or cover?  

unknown SS bag or cover?   unknown SS bag or cover?  

Looks like one LW itel, code Flug, with a SS marking, post WWII.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

I was thinking possibly a muzzle cover? I doesn't glue under a blacklight. Isnt CMT and 42 the maker code and year?

?

Thank you for your reply, Will. The abbreviation for Ausführung also occured to me. However, at first, I read the first line on the item as "81 Z vom", and I was confused because in that case the marking would be grammatically incorrect if "Ausfg." stands for Ausführung. I did not think about "vorn", but it totally makes sense.
    In this case, it may be a cover (or maybe a shell bag?) for the MG81Z (Maschienengewehr 81 Zwilling - twin machine gun type 81) used by the Luftwaffe. "Vorn" and "Hinten" stands for "front" and "rear", so it was most likely installed on a bomber aircraft. However, considering its a Luftwaffe item, I am confused about the SS marking.

David

Who knows, somebody might have found a box of these and added the ss markings for easier sale. So what ive gathered from these post is the it may translate to- 81z (mg), front, version A? 1942.

CSW
    ?

Quote by Willmore View Post
    Hi there.

I can't say I have seen anything like this before, but I do not like the SS stamps.

Ausfg could mean Ausführung (version).

I did find three of these that were sold on eBay and were described as -

Here is a lot of 3 unique items. I was told these are WWII German machine gun covers for fighter aircraft. The two that are the same shape measure approx. 20" long and 12" tall at the open end. The other measures approx. 20" long and 12" at the open end. They are all white vinyl. Yes, I know the "SS" and eagle stamping were put on at some point in the past, but I don't think they are original to the covers. IF SOMEONE HAS A DIFFERENT IDEA OF WHAT THESE ARE, I AM ALL EARS.

I know this doesn't really help, but I can't see these being aircraft related.

Kind regards,

Will.
    Hi guys, this might not help either but these exact ones were actually discussed on the forum some years ago.

To my mind the blue stamps are fake without any doubt. I am not entirely sure about the cover bags themselves, I believe they might be good although not untouched. If real, I can see these being related to aircraft as the MG 81Z twin machine gun was indeed used by the Luftwaffe (not really on fighter aircraft though).

Cheers and a happy new year to everyone!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast