Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unknown ww2 german relic..

Article about: Hello collectors.. I found this artefact in the forest near the road where germans dumped lots of their gear and stuff.. Only problem is that nobody know what it is.. So if anyone have infor

Default Unknown ww2 german relic..

Hello collectors.. I found this artefact in the forest near the road where germans dumped lots of their gear and stuff.. Only problem is that nobody know what it is.. So if anyone have information I would be grateful!..Unknown ww2 german relic..Unknown ww2 german relic..Unknown ww2 german relic..Unknown ww2 german relic..Unknown ww2 german relic..Unknown ww2 german relic..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown ww2 german relic..
    P
    Many

Ps.. Its made from stainless steel or something, its quite heavy!

Ruzinar, looking at WAFFENAMT STAMP WaA772 it seems to bring up a lot of lanterns etc, although I couldn't reliably say thats what its from, but it could possibly be a fuel 'bung' for a lantern, hence the chain?

Just my thoughts ...
    Attached Images Attached Images Unknown ww2 german relic..  Unknown ww2 german relic.. 
    "Per Ardua"

Thanks for reply! yes I was looking for waA stamps too and I found the same as you did, but didnt find any part similar to this one on a lanterns, and it looks to complex and expensive to produce for something like a lantern..

MAP
    ?

Based on the lip around the inside top, I would assume it would have had a rubber gasket at one point. There also does not appear to be any threads, so the question is how would this "lock" in place?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

hmm.. Maybe wuth theese receses? theres one on each side.. Unknown ww2 german relic..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown ww2 german relic..  

I agree it's some kind of plug for a large liquid container, hence the chain to keep it attached to the container when removed from filler. A mystery I hope gets solved.

Jay

MAP
    ?

Quote by ruzinar View Post
    hmm.. Maybe wuth theese receses? theres one on each side.. Unknown ww2 german relic..
    Yes, but since they are not beveled anything locking into this recess would not be able to be released. Unless the bolts that went into these recesses were released via a separate mechanism.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Good point, but it could be like the oil caps on older Harley Davison Motorcycles. A rubber grommet that is possibly missing would simply hold the cap in place. There were no threads. The flanges on rubber grommet could go into the recesses.

MAP
    ?

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Good point, but it could be like the oil caps on older Harley Davison Motorcycles. A rubber grommet that is possibly missing would simply hold the cap in place. There were no threads. The flanges on rubber grommet could go into the recesses.
    Yes. I see. So instead of a flat "O" ring washer it would be a full sleeve rubber grommet. Like a stopper on a wine bottle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast