Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Very late german zelt of Mimetico material

Article about: Look at this zelt, please ! Mimetico material. No buttons and grommets. These elements are not even provided on this variety. No marks I think it is very late war production I need your oppi

"If they didn't capture much how did they have enough to make uniforms for the Waffen SS out of it ?"

Well, not all of the waffen SS members were dressed in this material. Only a small part

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Very late german zelt of Mimetico material
    P
    Many

Your logic is good up to a point. Even used as a cape, a zeltbahn needs its buttons so it can be buttoned around the legs and doesnt flap around the wearer. A belt helps but It is impossible to wear properly without some buttons... my opinion.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

All I can type camo is correct also the four piece mfg.

Rene ! Thank you for confirming the originality !

But two questions remain - why are there no buttons and grommets ? The incomplete version looks unconvincing. Why has the full number of buttonholes been completed ? If it was a flaw, there would not be a full number of button loops.

will we continue the discussion?

Why doesn't anyone write anything?

Quote by samland View Post
    Why doesn't anyone write anything?
    Because those of us that have a theory have already written our thoughts ....... there are some things that may always remain a mystery.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    ...... there are some things that may always remain a mystery.
    I would agree with the above.

Would be great to know one way or the other but I would think at this point all we have is theories.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

There is such a thing as the camouflage body apron or Heeres Tarnungs Koerper-Schuerze, which didn't have buttons, but was tied at the side of the wearer. it had a "V" neck opening. It was large enough to be worn over all personal equipment. Could this be what you have? Something similar on Mr Weitze's site

Reichswehr/ Wehrmacht Heeres-Tarnkorperschurze - Heer 1933 - 1945 - Uniformen III. Reich & 2. Weltkrieg - Militaria / Helmut Weitze

Aplogies for not being able to download the pictures, my computer just won't let me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2