Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

waffen ss knife butterfly knife value ? ? ? and is this original ?

Article about: i wana know that if this knife is original ?

?

Yep, but they sure are neat!
    I've had one for at least 20 yrs. In those days no one seemed sure about them, but there was doubt!
    I thought it was so neat that for the small price I paid, I bought it just for the hell of it!
    Sarge

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement waffen ss knife butterfly knife value ? ? ? and is this original ?
    P
    Many

Attached Images Attached Images waffen ss knife butterfly knife value ? ? ? and is this original ? 
    "Per Ardua"

Quote by Unknown1945 View Post
    i wana know that if this knife is original ?
    I want to know if this knife is original please *** And thank you

Fourth Reich on steriods. I love it!

i wana know that if this knife is original ?
    New member, no introduction, no idea and no manners.

Most if not all your posts have been in this vein which does not encourage a helpful attitude from the membership.

Try doing some research if you are serious about the hobby! If not......well, you finish that sentence for yourself)!

There is a wealth of knowledge and experience here and the membership generally go to great lengths to share with and assist new members but you have to make an effort.

Anyone who has been collecting for more than a few minutes should know that, as said above; this is a low quality fantasy piece of absolutely no value as a collectible knife let alone historical artifact.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Yep have to agree, these new member 'is it real, how much is it worth?' threads with no further contact are becoming rather tedious.

well what kind of page is this we have to ask about our own Questions when we are trying to buy something and the people that have experience can help us and share their experience otherwise people will buy fake item i'm 100% sure that 50% of the people that is in this page trying to know what is original and what is fake and they are trying to learn new things

- - ------- - -

well what kind of page is this we have to ask about our own Questions when we are trying to buy something and the people that have experience can help us and share their experience otherwise people will buy fake item i'm 100% sure that 50% of the people that is in this page trying to know what is original and what is fake and they are trying to learn new things

It is far better, and more valuable in the long run, for people to educate themselves rather than rely on the experience and knowledge of others. All these wise collectors with years of experience won't be around forever. Once they're gone, a new generation of enthusiasts will need to replace them. If that means going the longer, harder road and learning from early mistakes, that is the path that must be taken.

The attitude towards new members with 'Original/what's it worth' posts is borne of a very long history of such posts popping up. Even someone with the patience of a veritable saint would, by now, find theirs wearing thin. It may come across as very blunt and perhaps irate, but it's simply an attempt to encourage others to carry out their own research and find things out for themselves, for the reason mentioned above.

Pick up the mantle, and the experience soon pays for itself.

Best regards, B.B.

B.B.

Agree with above. Nothing wrong with asking opinions but a little homework on one's own is not difficult. Above all a little common courtesy such as a thank-you is in order and not asking much. This is a great forum for learning and should be treated as such.

MAP
    ?

Unknown,

I firmly believe in your premise that if you are unsure you should ask. We all started in the same place you were and need to remember that ourselves.

That said, we do appreciate some please and thank you's when asking questions. It's a common courtesy. Just remember that words on a page can be difficult to interpret. So sometime, without some verbal niceties, questions can sometimes appear to be demands. Just a fact of life.

As far as doing your own research. Yes...that is extremely important! It really is the ONLY way to really learn in the long run. It is also very satisfying. But as a new member, I can forgive this on a post or two. But next time, before you post, just do a quick search using the search function. If you don't find what you are looking for or are still unsure, tell us you tried and are still unsure..then ask away

Yes we can be a jaded lot but also a lot of fun if you stick around. I look forward to your participation here

Edit: I see that Mauser and BB expressed similar sentiments. Had the thread open and multi-tasking so didn't see their replies.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast