Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Web belts

Article about: Hello all, I was just wondering if the SS, Wehrmacht, Luftwaffe, etc were issued the web belts even if they were not in Africa. Were they in general use on the eastern front? Most pics I see

?

Default Web belts

Hello all,
    I was just wondering if the SS, Wehrmacht, Luftwaffe, etc were issued the web belts even if they were not in Africa. Were they in general use on the eastern front? Most pics I see have them wearing the leather belts( black or brown). Thanks all, I'm trying to get a display going, I have a SS dot tunic on a mannequin and I need a belt for my SS buckle to go on.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Web belts
    P
    Many

That's a good question. I know webbing was used for Ystraps, frogs, field gear late war. Many collectors automatically assume if it's webbing material, it's DAK. Not true.
    As far as the belts, from my observations I have only seen them used in Africa. I maybe incorrect, just I have never seen them worn elsewhere
    Your DOT pattern mannequin would fare better with a black leather belt IMO

?

I have heard that it became a general issue item, especially later in the war. I agree, a leather belt would look better and would cover the entire wartime period, I was just wondering if it would be correct to use a web version.

Hello,
    The web belt has been worn from Finland to Italy and from France to Soviet Union even if leather belts have been produced until the end of the war.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Thank you! I may just get a web version just to have something different. I already have a Wehrmacht buckle on a leather belt

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    The web belt has been worn from Finland to Italy and from France to Soviet Union even if leather belts have been produced until the end of the war.
    Thanks
    JPHILIP
    I respect your knowledge, I know who you are. Have seen your many period pics here. Can you show me just one period photo of a web belt being worn in any environment other than a tropical environment ? Would love to see. A period pic would prove to me what I have never seen before neither in films or period pics.

Thank you Philip

I have just finished looking at probably 100 period pics you posted a while ago, from Finland to Russia & did not notice a web belt worn other than Africa. Maybe Greece during summer

?

Hello again, I did a little looking and I found a waffen SS buckle mounted on a tropical web belt on the Collector's Guild website. According to the site it was found in La Glaize, Belgium. That tells me that they did see use in other places besides Africa and Italy. If of course what they listed is true.

Quote by kwc271 View Post
    Hello again, I did a little looking and I found a waffen SS buckle mounted on a tropical web belt on the Collector's Guild website. According to the site it was found in La Glaize, Belgium. That tells me that they did see use in other places besides Africa and Italy. If of course what they listed is true.
    Belts & buckles have been matched up for 70 years. I still want to see a legitimate picture of a web belt being worn elsewhere but Africa, Greece. Or...documentation ,proof that they were worn throughout Europe. Is that asking too much ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast