Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrmacht Rucksack?

Article about: Hi, I would like to know the model of this rucksack. We thought it’s Wehrmacht but we don’t know anything more. My father bought it when he was a kid and used it for fishing ever since.

?

Default Wehrmacht Rucksack?

Hi,

I would like to know the model of this rucksack. We thought it’s Wehrmacht but we don’t know anything more. My father bought it when he was a kid and used it for fishing ever since.
    I couldn’t find any markings except the initials of probably the previous owner.
    Any information regarding the rucksack is appreciated.

Anon

Wehrmacht Rucksack?
    Wehrmacht Rucksack?
    Wehrmacht Rucksack?
    Wehrmacht Rucksack?
    Wehrmacht Rucksack?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht Rucksack?
    P
    Many

Hello.
    That is a german Rucksack, yes, but a west german one for mountain troops.
    I don't know exactly when these were adopted, but I own one dated from 1962.
    As a matter of fact that's also what Harrison Ford is using in the fourth Indiana Jones movie.

Wehrmacht Rucksack?

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008) - Steven Spielberg, Director | Amblin

Yours is lacking the pads added to the carrying straps and the lower belt system.

?

Well that ***** that its not wehrmacht. I couldnt find it when i searched for whermacht, NVA or west german rucksacks but now i know. Thank you for your help!

You are welcome.
    As many other not that easy to find Bundeswehr items this backpack has been remade by several companies.
    MIL-TEC has made some pretty ugly versions, others have made some less visually offending fabrications : https://www.projet13.com/5354-bw-sac...-taille_unique
    I can't promise you that I will easily find my backpack, but if I am successful I will post a couple of pictures of it to show the markings and important parts.

?

I didn’t know that they would replicate old Bundeswehr stuff. Never guessed there would be a market for that since there is still so much floating around. Do you maybe know if they used Ww2 materials for this rucksack like the buttons?
    Would be nice to see the markings as I couldn’t find any but if not it’s also okay.

Anon

How ridiculous as it would have sounded back in 1989 when all kinds of brand new stuff flooded the market now there are many replicas of east-german gear too...
    There isn't anything that I can think of in these backpacks that was crafted during WW2.
    Like all Bundeswehr stuff if there are machine stamped buttons, these were made after 1945 for sure.
    I've already crossed out one possible location, the easiest, and the bag wasn't there, so tomorrow I'll grab a flashlight and my attic explorer garment and see what I can find.