Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is This Wehrmacht Water Bottle / Flask Original Or Fake/Repro?

Article about: Hello, I was wondering if this WW2 german water bottle/flask is original or a fake reproduction. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Default Is This Wehrmacht Water Bottle / Flask Original Or Fake/Repro?

Is This Wehrmacht Water Bottle / Flask Original Or Fake/Repro?Is This Wehrmacht Water Bottle / Flask Original Or Fake/Repro?Is This Wehrmacht Water Bottle / Flask Original Or Fake/Repro?Is This Wehrmacht Water Bottle / Flask Original Or Fake/Repro?Is This Wehrmacht Water Bottle / Flask Original Or Fake/Repro?
    Hello, I was wondering if this WW2 german water bottle/flask is original or a fake reproduction. Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is This Wehrmacht Water Bottle / Flask Original Or Fake/Repro?
    P
    Many

Definitely an original feldflasche in well worn condition. It appears to be larger than standard issue.

Okay, thank you. Is the feldflasche from ww2? Does It have any waffenamt stamps? Is It missing something?
    I'm sorry for the questions. I don't know amything about these.

?

Hello

yes, WW2

CFL38 for Carl Feldhaus, Lüdenscheid 1938

examples:

Canteens – fjm44
    The Collector's Guild

cordially
    Didier

?

Judging by the extended neck and overall size of the flask, it appears to be a Luftwaffe flight survival canteen. These were originally fitted with a collar and wire handle, with wood grip. They were painted yellow for benzin (for fires and emergency signals), or left bare (as here) for water.
    The cover is either from a medical or tropical canteen, distinctive by its reinforcing ring.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is This Wehrmacht Water Bottle / Flask Original Or Fake/Repro?  

Ok, thank you. Did they make luftwaffe canteen with tropical/medic covers during the war or is this one a luftwaffe canteen that at one point someone added the cover? I'm sorry for the ignorance.

?

Yes, the cover is from a standard medical/tropical type bottle, whereas the survival canteen was never fitted with a cover, so is a clumsy addition (clearly far too small).

Ok, thank you. Is It safe to drink out of these canteens? Were the survival luftwaffe canteens fitted with a cup like normal german canteens? And how much is It worth? Thank you and I'm sorry for being annoying.

?

No cup, just exactly as seen in the image I posted.
    So long as it is clean enough, there should be no problem with drinking from it...

As far as value is concerned, that is not what we do here; we will happily evaluate an item for authenticity, but we do not give valuations.

OK, thank you a lot!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast