Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

wehrmacht zaltbahn label

Article about: Dear friends, Have any of you encoutered a paper label instad ink stamp with RBN or Producer- date combination on zeltbahns? I have just receive one in mint condition with fragments from som

Look carefully at the left side of the paper label. I can make out an Adler in red ink. You can see the edge of the wing and part of the wreath. NH

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement wehrmacht zaltbahn label
    P
    Many

?

Yes , I saw a fragments of the Third reich symbol and I believe it is period label ( I don't know if I mentioned it was brought to me from Germany as a part of a delivery from big pack of army surplus uniforms - US and bundeswehr ). But I don't know what is the purpose and meaning of this label? If it is army or civilian(post, railway ?) but the place where it is put reminds of a production label although I have never seen such on a wermacht items. Any way the quality looks very good but the variation (the holes configuration) suggests late war production or I am mistaken?

possibly the remnants of a supply shipping label? (the zelt on top of a shipment pile)

?

Or something were inside the zeltbahn and in the process it got wet/moist and then dried, attaching itself to the cloth. Maybe a magazine or something that would fit inside a compressed zeltbahn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2