Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrmacht zelt 1944, rare type

Article about: The rarity is due to the unusual arrangement of buttonholes. Some of the hinges are positioned as on standard tents, others are at a 90 degree angle. This non-standard type of tent raincoat

Default Wehrmacht zelt 1944, rare type

The rarity is due to the unusual arrangement of buttonholes. Some of the hinges are positioned as on standard tents, others are at a 90 degree angle.

This non-standard type of tent raincoat is listed on the well-known Dutch site for Wehrmacht equipment and the owner of the site - Tom even shows orders dated May 15, 1944 to approve this variety and from July 08, 1944 to stop their production.

MP44.nl - German Uniforms and Equipment - Zeltbahn 31

The order dated May 15, 1944 says that such an arrangement of buttonholes is provided for better fixation of several raincoats of tents connected together, and for more reliable fastening of one tent when worn on oneself.
    The order dated July 08, 1944 justifies the withdrawal of this variety from production: "Due to the decline in the production of tent raincoats, the planned change in the position of the buttonholes will not be carried out for the duration of the war."
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht zelt 1944, rare type   Wehrmacht zelt 1944, rare type  

Wehrmacht zelt 1944, rare type   Wehrmacht zelt 1944, rare type  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht zelt 1944, rare type
    P
    Many

Hello,
    A decent rotated buttonholes example, with a couple of patches, probably postwar stitched, but hard to be sure from these photos.
    It's true to say that they're sought after. When i learned that they existed i have waited for 7 years to find one.
    I have owned four of them and assembled a tent in the garden of my family house, just to check if the buttoning was more effective and yes it was.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

"probably postwar stitched"

You mean holepatches ? Look at photo below
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht zelt 1944, rare type  

Hello,
    We do have a communication problem i'm afraid, perhaps i don't express myself correctly or the way it should be done, i take short cuts that are not known by everyone on the forum or you don't understand what i say and it leads you to the opposite of what i'm talking about.

Yes that's a nice hole seen here. Usually WWII german soldiers, german armed forces collectors and militaria dealers used to add and are still adding patches over period damages, like holes, done to Zeltbahnen

Were the patches on this Zeltbahn sewn wartime or postwar, that was my observation/question. Maybe they're from WWII, i don't know.

I never doubted that the damage was real
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

I use a computer translator, so he sometimes translates like this

Quote by samland View Post
    I use a computer translator, so he sometimes translates like this

Hello,
    Ok, so i must choose carefully my words for you to get an accurate translation. You must do the same.
    Below is one of my examples, the maker's mark is almost erased. It has been used but has no damage.
    Still retains two of the three small peg ropes.
    Two out of the four examples i own were bought as normal ones, the sellers didn't know anything about variations of the Zeltbahn 31.
    Thanks

Wehrmacht zelt 1944, rare type

In Memoriam :

"Two out of the four examples i own were bought as normal ones, the sellers didn't know anything about variations of the Zeltbahn 31". You are lucky ! My congretulations !

I wonder how many exemplairs of this type were made in total ?

I also have such a rare variety, about which practically nothing is known (post # 7) :

Zeltbahn M31

Quote by samland View Post

I wonder how many exemplairs of this type were made in total ?

I also have such a rare variety, about which practically nothing is known (post # 7)
    Hello,
    It is impossible for me to say how many examples were produced within the couple of months they were made. I never had access to any data concerning this topic.

To the best of my knowledge, everything is known about Zeltbahnen nowadays...all variations are known, including Zeltbahnen that have two variations, like small pattern camo and four pieces construction or two bright sides with open weave (simplified rain drops) etc...
    Please create a new thread for the Zeltbahn in the link and we'll see if we can help you out.
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

I also have such a rare variety, about which practically nothing is known (post # 7) :

Zeltbahn M31
    ---------------------------
    Most of all, I am interested in why the tent "reduced pattern" has a completely different camouflage pattern? In connection with what was this done ?