Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrmacht zeltbahn with carbon overprint

Article about: Hello ! Here is WH zelt very late type, maybee last monthes or weeks of war. Sewn corners, as on a tent made of italian fabric or on a variety of "reduced pattern". On one, lighter

Default Wehrmacht zeltbahn with carbon overprint

Hello ! Here is WH zelt very late type, maybee last monthes or weeks of war.

Sewn corners, as on a tent made of italian fabric or on a variety of "reduced pattern".

On one, lighter side, if you look closely, you can see a carbon overprint. Tom, the owner of MP 44 site, shows such a variety.

On my zelt are bakelit buttons, like on zelts from italian material.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht zeltbahn with carbon overprint   Wehrmacht zeltbahn with carbon overprint  

Wehrmacht zeltbahn with carbon overprint   Wehrmacht zeltbahn with carbon overprint  

Wehrmacht zeltbahn with carbon overprint   Wehrmacht zeltbahn with carbon overprint  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht zeltbahn with carbon overprint
    P
    Many

Hello,
    That's a very decent late war Zeltbahn, not sure i can see carbon overprint on this example, there's something visible in addition to the camo, but is it really carbon overprint ?
    On some photo, it looks like this is the camo from the other side which is visible through the fabric (not as waterproof as it used to be). I could be wrong of course as i have only seen one example of carbon overprint.
    Red bakelite buttons are great on a german shelter quarter.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

JPHILIP !

Look, here is carbon overprint trace
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht zeltbahn with carbon overprint  

?

Hi Samland.
    Show a photo from the other side of the Zelt please.

Kateri !

Here are photos of both sides
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht zeltbahn with carbon overprint   Wehrmacht zeltbahn with carbon overprint  

Wehrmacht zeltbahn with carbon overprint  

As I understand it, carbon does not completely remove the visibility of a person in a night vision device, but only reduces this visibility. I took the Russian BN-3 night vision device. It combines binoculars and a night vision device. And here is the result:

The carbon side (photo 1)
    The usual side (photo 2)

I checked from a distance of about 100 meters. The normal side is more clearly visible than the "carbon" side. I do not exclude that visibility depends on the saturation of the fabric with carbon. The higher the saturation, the less visibility, probably, should be.

?

I'm sorry I could not tell the dark from the light side on your zelt.
    I bought a helmet cover for $20 about 3 years ago.
    It was made from very thin zelt material resewn.
    The pattern looked open weave late war with stitching removed from a zelt to make a reproduction cover.
    I don't know how thin the fabric on late war Zeltbahnen was.
    If it is thin it might show Splinter pattern from the other side.
    Carbon overprint should show rounded Italian camo shapes which are independent of the German print on each side I think.

Kateri !

The fabric on my zelt is really very thin. But the "Open Weave" did not have a carbon overprint. My exemplaire presented here has a faded overprint, so the effect of checking with a night vision device is not very high-quality for this reason. I believe that a clearer overprint would give a more tangible effect of checking with the device. In my case, the effect is noticeable, but not much.