Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

What is this?

Article about: Is this a holder for the gas-mask, luftwaffe ww2? is the stamping correct? I am not that experienced in field stuff. Thank you Peter

Default What is this?

Is this a holder for the gas-mask, luftwaffe ww2? is the stamping correct? I am not that experienced in field stuff.

What is this?What is this?

Thank you
    Peter

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is this?
    P
    Many

?

It is for the Gasplane (I think I’ve spelt that about right), the impregnated fabric cape that could be worn to protect from chemical droplets.
    The loops on the back would be used to secure the bag to the gas mask canister strap, though the regulation was often ignored and the bag secured to the canister itself with stout rubber bands (often cut from tyre inner tubes), or spare equipment straps.
    It appears to be in the grey-blue of the Luftwaffe.

Indeed, nice gas cape pouch

You can find some more info here : MP44.nl - German Uniforms and Equipment - Gasplane

Tom

Thank you Kohima and Tom,

I could not find it in my literature but with the name I ws able to google it and yes Tom, was just sitting reading that page!

Thanks again
    Peter

Dav
    ?

Toms site is very good, here is another dedicated just to them: All About Gasplanes – German Gasplanes of World War II

A common item. They show up frequently on collector sites. NH