Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

What kind of boots are these?

Article about: For several years I had these boots in my collection. I thought they are Reichswehr M33. Now I was told by a collector and author, that the leather putties of the M33 had been sewn to the an

?

Default What kind of boots are these?

For several years I had these boots in my collection. I thought they are Reichswehr M33. Now I was told by a collector and author, that the leather putties of the M33 had been sewn to the ancle boots and that you can see tbe stitches clearly.
    In my case there are no stitches and the boot is made from one piece of leather
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What kind of boots are these?   What kind of boots are these?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What kind of boots are these?
    P
    Many

I believe that there are variants of the M33, one where the puttee is stitched to the boot, the other where the boot and puttee are manufactured from one piece of leather.

Below is a picture from the Sud-Deutsche Beobachter of Reichsweher Soldiers cleaning their boots, and as you'll see they are of the one piece construction variant.

Ed

?

This was my opinion, too, but I was in contact with the co-Author of "The German Reichswehr" and he belives that is no M33 boot. Teh question is if there had been variants.
    The M33 differ in some aspectsWhat kind of boots are these?What kind of boots are these?

I believe there were two models, one consecutive to the other. I always saw the model with the stitching on the shaft featured of a later date. The model with the one-piece shaft should be the first model.

Hello...
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

And I was wondering how to store my Armeesattel.
    Thanks.