Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Who knows what this metal box was for?

Article about: Hi collectors, I got this metal box a while ago and I have not found out its use. It should be a Wehrmacht equipment storage box (as it has the marking stamp). But does anyone have any idea

Default Who knows what this metal box was for?

Hi collectors,

I got this metal box a while ago and I have not found out its use. It should be a Wehrmacht equipment storage box (as it has the marking stamp). But does anyone have any idea what it wa for exactly?
    The description of the content is still readable (although barely). It used to contain binoculars (or monoculars), different kinds of light bulbs, other parts like pipes and even a brush for dust. I guess the equipment was used to measure something.
    Look at the pictures, I tried to decipher the list.

The original color was the africa-style light brown one that's still on the inside, I assume.
    Inside, some felt panels remain. Probably they protected the fragile parts.

All the best!
    0.S.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Who knows what this metal box was for?   Who knows what this metal box was for?  

Who knows what this metal box was for?   Who knows what this metal box was for?  

Who knows what this metal box was for?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Who knows what this metal box was for?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Just a guess, but it looks to me that it may have been repurposed. The label looks like it was typed up (not printed) and added to the inside lid.

Could be wrong.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)