Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Air Raid Siren!!!!.

Article about: Hello Ladies & Gents, look what I found laying around our training wing..It was doing not a lot in 1 of the classrooms!!.. So I have relocated....One of my friends is shipping some stuff

?

Default WW2 Air Raid Siren!!!!.

Hello Ladies & Gents, look what I found laying around our training wing..It was doing not a lot in 1 of the classrooms!!.. So I have relocated....One of my friends is shipping some stuff back from here "UAE" So I have asked if he can take it back for me!! So I will collect it from him on summer leave...I reckon it is a pretty good find for sod all. & it will look top dollar in the War Room..BBQs will never be the same now lol....I just pity the neighbours lol.. infact most of them will be at the BBQ so No problems!!!.. Oh does know anything about these Sirens???.Cheers Terry. WW2 Air Raid Siren!!!!.WW2 Air Raid Siren!!!!.WW2 Air Raid Siren!!!!.WW2 Air Raid Siren!!!!.
    Last edited by Tango; 05-02-2013 at 07:12 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Air Raid Siren!!!!.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: WW2 Air Raid Siren!!!!.

Nice find I think it is a WW2 German air raid siren made by Elektror and the model is HSM7, 1930s maybe?

?

Cheers for the reply I wouldn't mind finding out if it was WW2 or post war???.. Cheers Terry.

?

Terry you found a nice air raid siren in top condition.
    I agree its most likely a 1930s machine.
    Normally the RL number should be on a tag, but that could have been remove.
    Here a cataloque picture and a late 30ths modell with type and year...
    Nice Find and i agree it would do great next to the MG's
    Cheers,
    Ger
    WW2 Air Raid Siren!!!!.WW2 Air Raid Siren!!!!.WW2 Air Raid Siren!!!!.

?

Cheers Ger for the reply, I did look on the net last night but couldn't find a lot this item...!!!.I will keep looking around today!!!..& yes I think it will look pretty damn good next to the MGs..lol.. Catch up later.. Cheers Terry.

An excellent find,i used to have a British one very similar that I used on the roof of our bunker when I was in the ROYAL OBSERVER CORPS,watch out for that handle once you get it going,the gears in these things don't stop and can quite easily break your arm!!! Leon.

?

I was more worried about dropping my beer when the BBQ is in full swing!!! lol...But I will keep the dogs well clear so they don't get knocked out!!!..Thanks for the top tip Leon, Cheers Terry.

Cheese burger???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Air Raid Siren!!!!.  

?

Looks like that hound has had a good day...!!! lol.. Hopefully I will be like that on summer leave!! not so many legs though!!! lol...Cheers Terry