Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 german e-tool carrier?

Article about: Hello, I was curious about this particular e-tool (Schanzzeug) carrier made from Presstoff, i have browsed through net comparing it with other carrier photos and there seem to be differences

Default WW2 german e-tool carrier?

Hello,
    I was curious about this particular e-tool (Schanzzeug) carrier made from Presstoff, i have browsed through net comparing it with other carrier photos and there seem to be differences- the belt loops are sewn simply on the backside, not in between the both sides, also the leather parts are not dyed in black. I would be glad to hear other opinions.
    With best regards,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 german e-tool carrier?   WW2 german e-tool carrier?  

WW2 german e-tool carrier?   WW2 german e-tool carrier?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 german e-tool carrier?
    P
    Many

Hello,
    That's an original WWII german shovel carrier.
    Concerning the belt loops sewn at the back, no problem that's only a late war variation.
    This variation of carrier does also exist in yellow pressed cardboard.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    That's an original WWII german shovel carrier.
    Concerning the belt loops sewn at the back, no problem that's only a late war variation.
    This variation of carrier does also exist in yellow pressed cardboard.
    Thanks
    Thank You, I feel much better now- since i was going with my gut feeling prior I bought this one for my collection a while ago.

Quote by Oberschutze View Post
    Thank You, I feel much better now- since i was going with my gut feeling prior I bought this one for my collection a while ago.

Hello,
    You did well, the condition is rather good and this variation is far less seen than the normal one.
    Some period photos show this variation being with no doubt possible used in combat between October 1944 and May 1945.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    You did well, the condition is rather good and this variation is far less seen than the normal one.
    Some period photos show this variation being with no doubt possible used in combat between October 1944 and May 1945.
    Thanks
    I had seen a few yellow pressed cardboard ones for sale. But this will do fine in that case for my Kurland 1944./45. impression since i have found remains in a bunker from similar e-tool carrier. I added photos of it- so if someone is interested they can see from what parts they consist of. What i am sort of curious about: how long a pressed cardboard can last in field conditions after all, and where there any reports with feedback from the soldiers about the durability of equipment produced from such a material? And why they kept producing them, when there was folding shovel introduced?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 german e-tool carrier?   WW2 german e-tool carrier?  

WW2 german e-tool carrier?