Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 German field phone with camouflage

Article about: Hi, everyone! Last week I obtained this german field phone with interesting camouflage. I have never seen this kind of phone "tuning". What do you think about that? Is there a chan

Default WW2 German field phone with camouflage

Hi, everyone!
    Last week I obtained this german field phone with interesting camouflage. I have never seen this kind of phone "tuning". What do you think about that? Is there a chance that camouflage is original from war years? Of course the phone was used after war in the czechoslovak army, according to the nameplate with czechoslovak code names.
    Thanks for useful comments.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German field phone with camouflage   WW2 German field phone with camouflage  

WW2 German field phone with camouflage   WW2 German field phone with camouflage  

WW2 German field phone with camouflage   WW2 German field phone with camouflage  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German field phone with camouflage
    P
    Many

Default Re: WW2 German field phone with camouflage

Hi, im sorry to say but the camo job is post war made.
    And seems recent.

Cheers
    Nuno

Not sure why one would want to camouflage the insides?????? ( maybe to use up some plastic modelling paint?)
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Yes, the code plate has been replaced. A quick check confirms it is Czech - most likely pressed into service as a captured piece in war time or just post war. The camo paint is very odd and most likely a bit of fantasy added later. The only kind of painted motifs I have seen on phones include some kind of unit ID and "Der Feind hoert mit." NH