Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 german soldiers jackboots (Marschstiefel). Producers stamp ID?

Article about: Hello, Recently managed to purchase very salty pair of possible WW2 period german soldiers marching boots. They seem to have been repaired and someone has probably messed with the pulltabs.

Default WW2 german soldiers jackboots (Marschstiefel). Producers stamp ID?

Hello,
    Recently managed to purchase very salty pair of possible WW2 period german soldiers marching boots. They seem to have been repaired and someone has probably messed with the pulltabs. The boots are marked: "27/half"- (which I guess would be the size?) "4"; "41"; "2"; "32" on the outside of the shaft, and in the inside with a number "9772 215". The questions I have:
    1) Is it possible to decypher and identify the markings, like producer of the boots, possible production date?
    2) Are they period correct/ authentic for collection?
    Thanks in advance.
    With best regards,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 german soldiers jackboots (Marschstiefel). Producers stamp ID?   WW2 german soldiers jackboots (Marschstiefel). Producers stamp ID?  

WW2 german soldiers jackboots (Marschstiefel). Producers stamp ID?   WW2 german soldiers jackboots (Marschstiefel). Producers stamp ID?  

WW2 german soldiers jackboots (Marschstiefel). Producers stamp ID?   WW2 german soldiers jackboots (Marschstiefel). Producers stamp ID?  

WW2 german soldiers jackboots (Marschstiefel). Producers stamp ID?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 german soldiers jackboots (Marschstiefel). Producers stamp ID?
    P
    Many

?

Look like a period correct pair to me. I used to have a pair.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Look like a period correct pair to me. I used to have a pair.
    Thanks, was it traded for Gebirgsjager footwear?

?

Quote by Oberschutze View Post
    Thanks, was it traded for Gebirgsjager footwear?
    I sold them about 5 years ago to make room for other stuff
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Hello,
    They're ok, it's a pair of low shafted Marschstiefel most likely specifically produced for NCOs due to the lined shaft.
    Usually the shaft is not leather lined and there is no sewing around the lower part and top of the shaft. It can be seen with NCOs examples or private purchases, that could received markings like issue examples.
    27 1/2 is the size
    4 should be April
    41 is the year of production
    I don't know what 2 means
    It's rather 82 than 32, dunno what it is.
    The numerals inside the shaft should be contracts number.
    The small and rounded nails are replacement
    A well used pair...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    They're ok, it's a pair of low shafted Marschstiefel most likely specifically produced for NCOs due to the lined shaft.
    Usually the shaft is not leather lined and there is no sewing around the lower part and top of the shaft. It can be seen with NCOs examples or private purchases, that could received markings like issue examples.
    27 1/2 is the size
    4 should be April
    41 is the year of production
    I don't know what 2 means
    It's rather 82 than 32, dunno what it is.
    The numerals inside the shaft should be contracts number.
    The small and rounded nails are replacement
    A well used pair...
    Thanks
    Thank You- now I won't have problems with good nights sleep. Got "burned" once when I bought supposedly M37 Low boots- so buying anything footwear related for my own collection made me worried. I didn't knew that reinforced shaft was thing for NCO or private purchase jackboots- somehow had idea that maybe it depended on manufacturer. Anyway very usefull information.