Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 luftshutz gas masks.

Article about: I have a couple of questions regarding the above firstly price wise should a complete Luftshutz set be a lot less in cost to a Wehrmacht set.! also why we're different filters used.?also the

Default Ww2 luftshutz gas masks.

I have a couple of questions regarding the above firstly price wise should a complete Luftshutz set be a lot less in cost to a Wehrmacht set.! also why we're different filters used.?also the canisters look very similar to the first pattern used with the Reichswehr with regards to the locking system,sorry for all the questions or if someone has a good link for info which would be great reason for posting as i found a mint Luftshutz set but the price is high indeed,many thanks Jake.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ww2 luftshutz gas masks.
    P
    Many

I can only advise you as regards to price. A Luftschutz set should be cheaper than a military issue set.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Tom is on the forum and his website isn't a bad place to start:
    MP44.nl - German Uniforms and Equipment - Gasmaske

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Tom is on the forum and his website isn't a bad place to start:
    MP44.nl - German Uniforms and Equipment - Gasmaske
    Filters for LS sets are for protection against smoke/chemical inhalation rather than poison gas. Complete sets can be priced at a premium. Volksmaske, civilian masks are cheap and plentiful, VM37/VM40 can be found for far less than Wehrmacht models, VM44 can be expensive but not always. Patience is key.

Ok Blackcat thanks as always for your great knowledge this set is a GM30 mask and snout but with the LS filter.straps appear to be stitched to canister.regards Jake.P.S learned everything about Wehrmacht Gas masks from Tom's site however can't find anything regarding LS only military issued field gear.!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 luftshutz gas masks.  

I recently chucked mine here

Gasmask Air Raid Type 38 Auer

Jake, the GM30 was issued both Wehrmacht as well as for LS duties, the filter in your post is a LS one. The Gasmask Can (behalter) looks like a nice early one made by AUER as Rene rightly notes. It's probably marked with a Luftschutz item number Kenn nummer of RL-1 38/1. Straps are correct for it. If you are looking for a Wehrmacht used set then this isn't it, but if you want a Luftschutz set then its fine.