Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII German Parachute Identifcation and other items?

Article about: These photos are from a auction coming up it is a couple of hours away from my house there are couple items I would not mind picking up for my collection(like the pith helmet and NSDAP arm b

Default WWII German Parachute Identifcation and other items?

These photos are from a auction coming up it is a couple of hours away from my house there are couple items I would not mind picking up for my collection(like the pith helmet and NSDAP arm band) if the prices are right as the condition of the items appears appears to be overall poor. They have a WWII german parachute listed, I know nothing about these but think it might make it worth the trip. As I do not have any where to display the paracute but I have been wanting a new german dress dagger and thought it might be a good way fund one. Also help identifiy the cap and jacket in the first photo would be appreciated. So is the item in the bag pictured a WWII german paracute? Thanks for you help inadvace, I do not know what I would do with out you guys. Thanks, Robert

P.S. They had the jacket in the last photo listed as german but I think it may be U.S.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII German Parachute Identifcation and other items?   WWII German Parachute Identifcation and other items?  

WWII German Parachute Identifcation and other items?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII German Parachute Identifcation and other items?
    P
    Many

Default Re: WWII German Parachute Identifcation and other items?

Hi, impossible to verify authenticity based on these photos.
    But most items are indeed german.
    The overcoat is US.
    Cant help you about the parachute, however writing on the tag is indeed german.
    Seems a cool batch of items, i would go to the auction.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

The parachute appears to be dated 28th june 1942 and has German markings as Nuno mentioned. One of the water bottles looks to be a medics type. Hard to comment on the items you asked about from such small and poorly detailed pictures. The tropenhelm is a squashed 1st pattern Heer example, thoug hard to say if it has original badges on it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks for the help Nuno and Jerry! I may call the auction company and try to get some better photos in the morning. Any information anyone else has on the paracute is much appreciated. Thanks, Robert

If you go to the auction, smell the fabric. Old fabrics have a musky smell usually.....

Thanks for the tip Kyle I will keep that in mind. Thanks, RS